PR Manager - FTC - Open to flexible working - London
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
What is the challenge?
As a PR Manager for comparethemarket.com, you will manage and enhance our reputation by executing PR plans as part of an integrated marketing communications approach for the breadth of products and reward propositions we offer.
It’s a really exciting time to join comparethemarket! We have exciting plans in place and you will play a pivotal role in executing content across earned and social media, as well as developing plans to ensure comparethemarket is at the forefront of influencer marketing.
You’ll have a proven track record in building media relationships and be the point of contact for media enquiries, managing a tight process for ensuring issues affecting our brand are managed effectively.
You will be key to our success in driving levels of internal and external stakeholder engagement to support our business vision, strengthening our purpose and brand identity. You’ll be diligent and hardworking, familiar with managing your own activity from start to finish with a strong focus on delivering results.
This role can be based in London or our Peterborough headquarters, and will require regular travel to both sites.
What will it take to be successful?
Confident and articulate, you will be a key external facing advocate of the comparethemarket brand and will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent written and proof reading skills, with experience in drafting press releases and briefing documents for spokespeople
- A proactive and adaptable nature, being able to reprioritise tasks according to business needs and spot the potential for crisis management and appropriate escalation
- Understanding of digital and social channels and their role within PR
- Identifying news and hijacking opportunities by being across the external communications agenda
- An interest and understanding in public affairs
- Excellent administrative organisation skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, as well as attention to detail
- Strong commercial awareness and a good understanding of Financial Services/Insurance or a regulated environment (Desirable)
Why choose us?
You’ll have heard of Compare the Market and the meerkats no doubt – we’re one of the UK’s most loved brands and regularly produce award winning creative. We’re a diverse and talented team of passionate professionals and the opportunities to develop and grow are unrivalled. You’ll be part of something special – helping to keep our customers lives simples.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability.
From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, CompareTheMarket, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.