Pension Investment Benchmarking Analyst part-time (min 25 hrs p/w) and/or term-time only
CEM’s business in Europe is growing quickly and we are set to open our first UK office, in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
Most of our clients are large pension schemes. Working alongside Client Relationship Managers, you will build relationships with these clients, help the clients to supply data in a standard form, validate that data and then create benchmarking reports from standard templates that bring their data to life.
You will be part of a small team, in a small office. You will need to have a hands-on approach and be willing to do whatever needs to be done to help the team. A ‘can-do’ attitude will be essential.
The appointed individual will:
- Help to maintain a database of clients and contacts and then manage each client through an annual benchmarking cycle.
- Support clients by telephone and email as they submit data to our on-line portal.
- Interrogate the data to identify outlying or incomplete data items and then interact with the client by telephone, email or in meetings to ensure the data submitted is accurate and fit to be compared.
- Create benchmarking reports that accurately and appropriately tell each client’s story using standard templates and tools.
- Assist in raising invoices for clients and track/chase the payment of those invoices.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
The role would possibly suit an investment professional or pension specialist looking for a fresh challenge in a new and rewarding area, working with some of the world’s top funds.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the investment or pensions industry
- CFA designation (or progress towards) is desirable but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must including tact, empathy and patience
- Should demonstrate at least a basic understanding of the cost structures of pension funds
- Strong analytic and computer skills are essential (particularly Excel)
- Occasional travel might be required throughout the UK and possibly internationally though we are willing to respect candidates limitations
- Must be willing to ‘muck in’ to get things done
- Educated to degree level as a minimum
- Foreign languages are desirable
This could be the right job for you if you enjoy:
- Working in a small team where you can make a difference
- Working in a professional environment with large pension / investment funds
- Combining analytical and interpersonal skills
- Using data to create stories that, in turn, help clients to improve their decision making
- Working flexibly with a firm that respects you and your work-life balance
The role will be located in a newly established office in central Tunbridge Wells. We will be pleased to consider resumes from applicants that wish to work flexibly to accommodate, for example, childcare. We are willing to consider part-time or school-time working for the right candidate and indeed the role may suit someone wishing to return to the workforce in a rewarding and professional role that draws on existing skills and experience.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter via the application method below