Associate, Business Intelligence Services (Hindi speaker), Full-time (Open to flexible working)
Deloitte's Business Intelligence Services (BIS) team is a unique global practice and a centre of excellence with over 250 employees throughout the world. The team specialises in gathering information from public record and other sources to assist clients in making informed business decisions.
The projects performed by BIS include high volume Integrity Due Diligence work, conducted on behalf of clients (frequently for the purpose of their compliance with legislation such as the UK Bribery Act) on their existing and proposed third party relationships, and 'know your supplier' background checks. Through projects such as these, BIS assists clients by conducting public record research on large volumes of third parties (either companies or individuals) on a global basis in English and the language of the jurisdiction in which the third party is located, to identify information on a variety of business related integrity and corruption issues.
The focus of our work will vary according to the specific issues with which the client is particularly concerned. Typically, however, high volume Integrity Due Diligence would focus on - amongst other issues - confirming that a subject exists and searching for reports (for example, in media articles or internet publications) of the subject's involvement in 'red flag' issues, including the use of illegal methods to achieve business goals, using political links to gain a commercial advantage and (where relevant) involvement with organised crime groups.
We are currently seeking to fill a number of vacant Cardiff-based Researcher positions within the UK BIS team to conduct high volume searches. Good written English and grammatical skills are vital and - in addition to speaking and writing English to native standard - candidates should ideally be fluent in two or more other languages.
The Associate role will have responsibility for:
- Undertaking online research in English and/or the relevant language/s
- Gathering information on large numbers of both companies and individuals through online public record sources relating to a wide range of territories
- Compiling detailed and accurate written reports of research findings
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Central Cardiff
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
We are looking for:
- Good degree (2:1 or above) ideally in a discipline requiring research and writing skills (for example: international relations, politics, history, economics, languages or linguistics)
- Fluency (spoken and written) in Hindi + another language and fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to use own initiative to follow up research leads, whilst being aware of information gathering methods that would not be acceptable to Deloitte
- Creative approach to the use of the internet for research
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw concise, evidence-based conclusions from research conducted
- The ability to pay attention to detail – ensuring that vital information is neither missed nor misreported
- Good oral and written communication skills – precision and full fluency in formal written business English is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have a flair for written work and be able to produce high quality documents under time pressure
- The ability to work well in a small team and to follow specific instructions given by the relevant manager
- Ability to structure research and reporting in a logical manner
- Ability to deal with a large number of requests at any one time and to work through them methodically
- Ability to switch between several different tasks and respond to unexpected deadlines and priorities. Our researchers will be expected to work on more than one assignment at any one time and must have the ability to prioritise work and balance conflicting demands for work
- Working/work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your service line
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Womenfor each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 163002