Compliance Centre Administrator, Cardiff Centre of Excellence, Open to flexible working
Deloitte’s Centre of Excellence (COE) consists of highly specialist administrative professionals, and is looking to expand its team. The COE provides expert administrative business support and guidance to the wider firm, with continuous service improvement always at the center of everything we do. This isn’t your typical admin role - you’ll need to be highly organised, have a sharp eye for detail and be able to work to tight deadlines within a fast-paced, dynamic environment. With good judgement and a solutions-oriented approach, you’ll quickly become a valuable and trusted member of our ambitious team. Our culture is one of continuous improvement and we’ll rely on you to deliver efficient, innovative and cost-effective administrative practices that add real value.
The COE is made up of several different teams, all experts in their areas and all working together to ensure that our service line is fully supported and runs smoothly. Whichever part you play in helping COE deliver its exceptional business support services to the wider firm, your role will be varied, fast-paced and dynamic. Additionally, individuals who demonstrate sufficient capacity and commitment in their primary roles may be offered the opportunity to contribute to other projects outside of their day-to-day role.
Responsibilities (depending on team) can include a combination of the following:
- Updating/using internal databases and workflows
- Communicating directly with external/internal stakeholders
- Client/Team mailbox management and related tasks
- Case Management Work
- Overseeing the running of automation tools/software/technology
- Keeping workflows/databases up to date
- Working with Deloitte colleagues in other offices, both UK and overseas
- Ad-hoc project and task work
- Creating/filing/organising digital documents
- Reporting and data analysis using Excel
- Payroll processing and client billing
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: Permanent - Full time
Your professional experience
Our team members come from a diverse range of backgrounds. What connects them is that they are all:
- Highly organised and able to independently manage their own workload
- Able to prioritise their workload effectively
- Able to communicate confidently and professionally, both verbally and written, to a high level
- A high level of IT user competent with MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Motivated, responsible and conscientious
In addition to the above, we are ideally looking for someone who:
- Has experience in a similar supporting role within a busy professional organisation, or able to demonstrate a similar skill set.
- Has experience supporting multiple external/internal clients at once, or able to demonstrate a similar skill set - this is a dynamic role and you’ll be working on multiple, often complex, actions at the same time. Tight deadlines cannot phase you.
- Works effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture, where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Has the ability to work towards challenging/demanding client deadlines and has the commitment and flexibility to meet these requirements.
Join us and you’ll be joining a growing team of proud, highly motivated people who are successfully helping to deliver the outstanding level of service our clients expect.
Your service line: Tax Consulting
The COE supports the Global Employer Services (GES) group, which sits within the Tax and Legal service line within Deloitte. The service line is made up of Tax Professionals, Legal Professionals and Administrative Professionals; here at Cardiff COE we are Administrative Professionals who are passionate about our work and proud of the impact our work makes on the wider firm.
You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class service. You’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 164672