Marketing Executive (Open to some home working)
Hello, we're Utility Warehouse
We help people get on with their lives and spend their time how they want to.
And we’re bringing together a nation of self-starters to build a different type of utility company.
One where partners can run their own business and reach the goals that matter to them.
For customers, we offer permanent peace of mind. One bill, great value and no need to ever switch again.
And for our people, we provide clear opportunities to help them achieve both their professional and their personal ambitions.
A bit more about us
You probably won't have heard much about us, but we're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years.
We're a FTSE 250 business and knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. But in two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, there are two things that have remained constant:
- We bundle together all our customers' household utilities and send them a single monthly bill
- We don't promote our services directly to customers - we have 40,000 partners around the country who recommend us
And we know we’re onto something - we were the Which? ‘Utilities Brand of the Year’ in 2018 - but we’re only just getting started.
What we’re looking for
In a nutshell, we’re looking for someone to help us deliver a best in class experience for our members upgrading to smart meters.
A bit more about you
- You'll need experience of creating both online and offline content.
- You’re fast and furious, but not at the expense of quality or accuracy.
- You take pride in your work and have good attention to detail.
- You’re curious to understand what makes our members tick and driven on how best to deliver against it.
- You can lead projects independently, but also work well collaboratively with a broad range of personality types.
- You’re a team player, who is results oriented and willing to muck in to get the job done.
- Although not essential, experience of the energy industry and smart meters would be a bonus.
- And like all Utility Warehouse staff, you’re motivated and ambitious, both for yourself and the business you work for.
You’ll be responsible for:
Developing a compelling smart meter narrative that not only educates members, partners and staff on the benefits of upgrading, but also overcomes apathy and ambivalence.
Designing new customer journeys for our members that revolutionise their current experience of managing their energy spend and handhold them through their upgrade and in-life experience with smart meters.
Creating high quality content with consistent messaging on an ongoing basis, that can take many forms including direct mail & email, testimonials, leaflets, call scripts and user guides to name a few.
Working with our Smart Programme team to create measurable solutions to consumer engagement challenges, react to smart meter industry developments and will work as quickly as project constraints define.
Building and working with connections across the business and energy industry, you’ll be a wizz at gathering information, competitor intelligence and data generated through research to ultimately improve our members’ experience of our smart meters.
What we’re offering
The opportunity to join an established but dynamic business that’s going through significant change and still has huge growth potential.
A competitive basic salary, some great benefits and the potential to join our share option scheme.
If we achieve our business and brand goals, you’ll be one of the most sought-after marketing talents in London.
Get in touch
If this role sounds like it was made for you, then do please get in touch.
And if it doesn’t but you still like the sound of Utility Warehouse, then drop us a line anyway - we’re hiring in all sorts of positions across the business.