People Advisory Manager, Open to flexible working
Job Description Summary:
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career. We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
People Advisory is an internal facing consultancy team which delivers on our people strategy, employee value proposition (EVP), people initiatives and the annual people experience cycle, in collaboration with our Business Partnering team and Centres of Excellence (CoEs), ensuring excellent programme management and sustainable change. It is a flexible team which moves to where the work is required and where it will make the biggest impact for our people.
This is a London based role, however you'll be part of a flexible team that can travel to support the business wherever needed.
What you'll be doing:
- you'll manage a team of Senior Advisers and Advisers and oversee their activities
- you'll deliver a people experience which is aligned to the people strategy and the firm’s strategic goals
- you'll work collaboratively across CoEs, People Business Partners and HR Shared Services to build and continuously improve the Grant Thornton people experience
- you'll develop a high performance culture through development, coaching, mentoring and identification of skills gaps
- you'll work closely with the Head of People Advisory to conduct end to end process reviews and improve the effectiveness of the team
Who we're looking for:
- you’ll be educated to degree level, or equivalent and will be CIPD qualified (minimum criteria)
- you'll have demonstrable experience of leading a team of HR generalists (minimum criteria)
- you'll ideally have experience of managing a remote and flexible team
- you'll have strong programme, project and change management experience
- you'll have in-depth technical knowledge of methods and models across HR and employment law
- you'll have strong insight and analytical skills to interpret data and make people and commercial based decisions
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.