Advisory Corporate Finance Assistant Manager or Manager, Open to flexible working
Advisory Corporate Finance Assistant Manager or Manager, Quality & Risk Management
An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic team player to work in the Quality and Risk Management (QRM) team within Advisory Corporate Finance (ACF) at Deloitte.
Deloitte is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the ACF QRM team is responsible for supporting the professionals who conduct corporate finance activities to comply with requirements from an external regulatory perspective, principally the FCA, and the internal risk management requirements of the firm.
The team has reporting responsibilities to the senior management of ACF and senior QRM representatives in the firm. The team liaises with other QRM teams across the Financial Advisory practice and with the central risk and compliance functions of the firm.
You will help to meet the demands of a dynamic corporate finance business by providing timely risk & compliance support to client facing team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, assessing and reporting on the compliance performance on client engagements
- Assisting in the preparation of quality management information/reporting for senior management
- Providing high quality and timely guidance to corporate finance practitioners in relation to risk & compliance issues
- Assisting the firm in meeting its regulatory obligations
- Assistance in developing and delivering regulatory and risk training to the practice
- Assisting with the development of innovative recommendations for improvements
- Representing the ACF QRM team as a day-to-day contact for ACF management and QRM representatives in other parts of the firm
- Assisting in the supervision and mentoring of junior staff
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic travel.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
Successful applicants will be/have:
- Degree and/or relevant professional qualification and/or significant relevant industry expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to work hard and exceed objectives/expectations
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal capabilities with proven influencing and persuasion skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Proactive and able to embrace and lead change, including developing solutions for business improvement
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work under pressure
- A team player
- Ability to develop, coach and motivate junior members of the team
Additional desirable experience includes:
- An understanding of corporate finance activities
- Experience in a regulatory/compliance environment or exposure to this environment from working within corporate finance.
An understanding of the FCA’s regulatory framework as applied to corporate finance activities
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Womenfor each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 165435