Legal Assistant, part-time, 3 days per week (12 months FTC)
The Legal team is involved in every significant transaction within the business and provides support to all the business’s functions (including Credit, Procurement, Treasury, and Compliance). The team is responsible for negotiating, drafting and finalising legal documentation and ensuring all legal risks are assessed and dealt with appropriately. The department also provides advice and guidance to senior management on all business issues and ensures that business is conducted in a manner that complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
Administering the legal department’s document retention system, assisting solicitors in preparation, review and organisation of contractual documentation and assisting the Chief Legal Officer and Senior Legal Assistant with preparation and organisation of company secretarial and board of directors’ documentation.
- Assume primary responsibility for managing the Legal department’s document retention system
- Maintain administrative systems, including paper and electronic filing
- Assist with integration of automation into Legal department workflow where possible
- Support the solicitors with any requests, including review of legal documentation and researching legal issues
- Deputise for the Senior Legal Assistant in their absence as appropriate
- Provide general assistance in all aspects of the Legal department as required
- Educated to degree level preferred but not required. Law degree useful but not required.
- Law firm or other legal experience useful. Full training will be provided.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Takes satisfaction from using strong organisational skills to bring structure to the role and to maintain the department’s records in good order
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Professional manner
- Good IT skills, Microsoft Office
About EDF Trading:
EDF Trading recognises the importance of attracting, retaining and developing diverse world-class professionals. We identify, foster and reward all talent, valuing and leveraging the diversity amongst our people to offer creative and innovative solutions.
Promoting diversity of thought. Bringing together people who think differently from one another can create conversations that stimulate new ideas and drive efficiency.
Providing a working environment in which everyone can be successful and feels respected and valued. Our focus is on realising the full potential of our people and in turn our organisation.
EDF Trading is active in the electricity, natural gas, LNG, LPG, oil, coal and freight and environmental products markets. It is one of the largest wholesale market traders in Europe for power and gas. Its affiliate, EDF Trading North America (trading as EDF) is one of the leading marketers of gas and power in the US, one of the main providers of generation services for power generation companies in the US and a leading US energy retailer for large commercial and industrial customers. EDF Trading operates in the global coal and freight markets through a third stake in JERA Trading, one of the leading utility backed global coal traders.
EDF Trading is a 100% owned subsidiary of EDF, one of the world’s biggest electricity generators.
EDF Trading has around 800 employees with key offices in London, Paris, Singapore and Houston.