Technology Enabled Growth Programme Manager - Change Delivery, IT Services, Open to flexible working
Deloitte have ambitious growth plans and are actively exploring new markets and services. Part of this drive is to acquire companies that complement our business.
The Technology Enabled Growth Programme Manager is an exciting new position created to help deliver projects that are critical to the firm’s strategy. This is an exciting role for someone with Mergers & Acquisitions IT integration or divestment experience to become a trusted advisor to the corporate development team, lines of business and IT leadership team.
Your mentorship and collaborative style will give your team members the confidence to innovate and the skills to reach their full potential. We are keen to hear your ideas to enrich and mature our operating model and drive the continuous improvement of our project delivery.
As a Programme Manager within ITS, our internal IT department, you will be accountable for the end to end delivery of all acquisition and divestiture IT related activities. You will provide guidance to the acquisition team during the due diligence phase and ensure all integration activities are clearly defined and delivered to time and budget. You will have the opportunity to build and develop your team capable of delivering M&A projects.
Working with business leaders, you will define and lead this programme, including establishing the overall benefits and business case, the sequence and scope of enabling projects, identification and management of risks and the business change activities needed to realise the overall goal. Responsible to the programme sponsor, you will be flexible, responsive and persistent in order to deliver real change effectively.
Success will be down to you. We’ll rely on you to take full ownership of large, complex programmes and provide a positive environment within your team, empowering them to produce their best work. Our culture of growth and constant opportunity creates an inclusive and supportive environment where we are not defined by anything other than the impact we make.
You will also help to improve internal processes related to acquisitions as lessons are learnt from existing projects.
Programme Managers will report to and be coached by the Head of Portfolio Delivery.
Include specific responsibilities
- Develop Deloitte’s IT M&A strategy in consultation with the CIO and ITS Leadership team
- Defining the programme’s Governance structure
- Working with the Project Sponsors to ensure effective stakeholder engagement and lead the business change activities
- Build and manage a diverse M&A IT team within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Manage the end-to-end project process across your team’s M&A due diligence activity, including risk management, resource allocation, quality client deliverables and finances
- Share IT M&A best practice with other Deloitte member firms in North West Europe
- Managing the programme’s budget: monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses, identifying opportunities to increase value for money achieved
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Career coaching and developmental responsibility for a number of Senior PMs, PMs and Assistant PMs.
- Ensuring delivery of new products or services from the projects is of the appropriate quality, on time and within budget in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme’s individual projects
- Work with procurement and vendor relationship, to ensure the third party contributions to the programme and managed within appropriate commercial framework to manage risk and value for money
- Managing both dependencies and interfaces between projects
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the Programme Board
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in process and delivery methodology, supporting the Head of Portfolio Delivery in initiating and delivering these improvements.
- manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: The role is based in our Cardiff office and involves occasional domestic travel.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time and we are always open to discussing the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements that are flexible for our people and provide the best service to our clients.
Your professional experience
- Demonstrable experience in Design or Human-Computer Interaction Experience working with Information Technology services.
- You have experience in core service design methods and processes
- Depth of experience in user experience, design research, service design and design strategy
- The ability and desire to work in all phases of the design process (thinking and making)
- Passion for creating new methods and practices
- Creative problem solving skills, a curious mind, and an enthusiastic work ethic
- An intrinsic passion for making things better
- You feel comfortable with ambiguity and complex problems
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.