Strategic HR Business Partner, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career. We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
As a Strategic Business Partner, you'll be responsible for delivering an exceptional, distinctive and consistent people experience, which creates an environment where our people can thrive and do their best work. This is a highly strategic role that is focused on developing the leadership capabilities of our key business leaders and ensuring that our people strategy is being delivered upon - it does not involve any HR generalist responsibilities.
What you'll be doing:
- you'll sit on the leadership team of your business area and you'll consult, engage and influence business leaders to ensure alignment of their business strategy and the overall people strategy
- you'll work in a commercially minded way to develop the people strategy and Employee Value Proposition (EVP) across the business
- you'll drive the people strategy and roadmap in your business area, whilst making it relevant for that workforce
- you'll work with Centres of Excellence (CoEs) to input in to strategy, tools, methodologies, frameworks and approaches to support the business growth plans and continuously improve the Grant Thornton people experience
- you'll coach business leaders to develop their leadership and behavioural skills in order to drive value through their people
- you'll drive continuous improvement around leadership, management and quality to create a high performance culture
Who we're looking for:
- you'll have significant experience in an HR Business Partner position, ideally within a professional services or financial services firm (partnership experience would be an advantage) (minimum criteria)
- you’ll be experienced in coaching and influencing senior leaders (minimum criteria)
- you'll have strong breadth and depth of knowledge of methods and models of all people related areas
- you'll have excellent insight and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and make people and commercially-based decisions
- you'll have an excellent commercial focus, understanding the drivers of business performance and what is important to business leaders
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.