Finance Manager, part time, 1.5 - 2 days per week
Firetail is looking for an experienced Finance Manager looking for a flexible role in a great team.
Firetail is a strategy consulting firm that helps organisations committed to social progress. We are a small, growing team based in London, and we work around the world with interesting people on important issues facing society.
People at Firetail come from many different backgrounds, but we all share common traits. We’re practical optimists, working openly and with purpose towards social progress. We believe in the power of ideas, grounded in evidence and insights, to help transform the world around us.
Our clients include charities, international organisations, foundations, social enterprises and universities. You can learn more about us at www.firetail.co.uk.
About the role
Firetail is looking for a Finance Manager to continue the smooth running of our finance and operations.
The role reports directly to the Director and works closely with our team of consultants. This role is at the heart of our team - our finance manager plays an essential role in the success of the business.
At the moment, we envisage this role taking between 1.5 to 2 days per week. We can be flexible on the pattern of those hours, though we would prefer the majority of the time to be based at our office in Bethnal Green. We are open to conversations about how to make this role fit the right candidate.
The salary will be equivalent to £40-45k, pro-rated. Other benefits include a pension and holidays.
You will be a supportive and positive team player who shares our values and is wants to make an essential contribution to a dynamic team.
You will have excellent attention to detail, personal organisation skills and communication skills.
You will combine a commercially-minded approach with enthusiasm for working in a team with a strong values.
You will be working towards or have a relevant accounting qualification and will have experience of providing finance support to an organisation like ours.
Firetail has well developed processes and systems, based on cloud-based services including Freeagent, Slack, Gmail and Dropbox. Familiarity with Freeagent in particular would be desirable.
- Processing, issuing and chasing invoices, working closely with the team to ensure the project milestones have been met.
- Preparing year-end financial statements and reports.
- VAT returns and corporation tax payments
- Preparing monthly payroll.
- Management and maintenance of balance reconciliations (Fixed Assets, Bank, Cash, Debtors, Creditors, Prepayment and Accruals)
- Managing our financial and project systems on Freeagent
- Expense management and disbursement
- Maintenance of aged debtors.
- Payment to suppliers and general maintenance of aged creditors.
- Additional oversight of related companies
- Additional financial tasks (e.g. petty cash, managing subscriptions etc)
- Supporting consultants in the set-up, management and reporting of projects, including contract support and project pricing and review
- Monitoring and maintaining sales pipeline, key account profiles, running established account management systems
- Preparing management accounts and monthly reports.
- Ensuring timesheets and expenses are up-to-date
- Accurate analysis of business performance, including project budgets and contract monitoring
- P&L and cashflow forecasting.
- Employee utilisation reporting
- As the key support role in a small team, you will be expected to support other general and ad hoc activities that ensure the smooth running of the office.
- The role involves a level of office management and supporting human resources, including pensions, staff lists, preparation of employment contracts for new joiners and induction.
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining what you would bring to the role by May 24th.
Firetail is an equal opportunity employer. We value inclusivity and diversity.