Lead UX Designer, Product Enabled Solutions, Open to flexible working
Are you naturally curious about the world and making things better? Our Products and Solutions teams are. We make use of the deep heritage of Deloitte and the amazing Intellectual Property (IP) within the firm to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen. We design products & services that solve our clients’ most complex challenges in a swift and radical way through the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $35bn global business.
You’ll develop strategies for the UX and play a key role in making key decisions that will shape the overall product. You will grow the UX function from the ground upwards whilst collaborating with various stakeholders and teams within the business. You are reporting into a Design Principal, working closely within a cross-functional product teams, to create human-centred products. You’ll shape the User Experience and be required to:
- Plan qualitative user research, interpret feedback and summarise user needs. Perform usability testing, presentation of ideas, and translating between business and technical jargons.
- Conveying concepts – Strong Interaction design work: ability to convey concepts through wireframes, flows and mock-ups.
- Be Collaborative - You will work with several product managers working alongside the Engineering, to swiftly deliver products/prototypes.
- A good understanding visual design– Comfort with working closely with the visual designers to develop a creative and rich visual language; on-screen graphic design, illustration and data visualization.
- Quick prototyping–Proficient in creating quick and dirty prototypes for web and/or mobile app experiences leading to high fidelity prototypes when necessary
- Have strong communication skills; the ability to relate, understand, grasp concepts, and interpret user needs
- Significant experience across a range of different types of projects and industries, and different working processes (eg. Lean, Agile etc)
- Industry expert – you’ll be able to draw on your knowledge of trends, developments and new technology through a genuine passion for the industry. Have extensive experience in both Responsive & Native UX.
- Compelling presenter – you’ll be able to hold a room with your presentation skills and style
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: This role will be based in our London Studio, with minimal travel commitments
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you should have:
- Extensive User Experience/experience in the Product or Service Design space.
- A drive to keep up with the emerging digital trends and culture, and engaging with the wider digital creative community
- Confidence in communicating, defending, and building consensus around UX architecture.
- Solid understanding of user-centred design methods across the full UX lifecycle
- Experience working with lean principles in an Agile environment.
- Experience developing digital products through conceptualisation and management of their development;
- Worked in multidisciplinary teams and partnered with specialists in Product and UX design in order to develop fully integrated new propositions from concept to delivery
- Excellent communication and business engagement and collaboration skills.
- Degree level education in design, HCI, computing or similar (preferred).
- Technical skills:
- UX portfolio, demonstrating clear insights, problem solving, and simple solutions.
- Knowing the tools – Strong with Axure, Omnigraffle, Balsamic, Sketch, Adobe XD and Invision or other relevant tools.
- Technical understanding & familiarity with development software and development processes.
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 162332