Head of IT Business Services - Commercial & Procurement, open to flexible working
Location – This role can be based in; Edinburgh, Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool, Shipley, Telford, Bristol, Worthing or London. UK wide travel will be an essential part of the role.
This role is available for full-time, part-time or flexible working arrangements (including job share partnerships) but you should discuss your needs with the hiring manager if you are invited to interview
Up to £100k base + benefits
Head of IT Business Services, Commercial and Procurement is a pivotal new role leading a technology department to deliver business-centred digital transformation at pace for commercial, procurement and other corporate capability processes.
Working within HMRC’s IT, Digital and Security function and reporting in to the CIO for Corporate Services, this role will be the single point of contact for the Commercial and Procurement business which includes all 3rd party contractual agreements. This role will work at the intersection of strategy, technology, delivery and stakeholder management.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key senior stakeholders, being the face of IT in senior leadership teams, ensuring technology solutions are business led.
- Understand and articulate the current and future state technology landscape to business users.
- Agreeing the Commercial and Procurement business strategy with business directors and then setting and executing the technology strategy (roadmaps and plans) to deliver on this.
- Understanding and articulating digital benefits to the business in an exciting and passionate manner to inspire and educate stakeholders at all levels.
- Ownership of all the Commercial and Procurement SAP modules.
- The cloud strategy execution and potential migration of on-premise SAP to cloud solutions including HANA.
- Accountable for end to end service including championing live service performance as run by matrixed teams.
- Ensuring that security, compliance and other governance requirements are built into the core of any new/changed services and conform with over-arching security, risk and governance frameworks and standards.
- Driving organisational change and alignment, partnering cross-functionally with business leaders.
To be successful in the role you will need to be an excellent technology leader with extensive experience of developing senior business relationships and a consistent track record of delivering technology programme transformation within, and for, Commercial and Procurement business areas for large, complex organisations.
You will demonstrate:
Deep business knowledge, and technical experience, of large enterprise commercial and procurement processes including:
- Commercial and Procurement IT experience.
- Web and app based SRM SAP solutions or equivalent such as Ariba.
- Approvals and controls process alignment to Finance Controls.
- Experience in implementing contracts management processes and solutions.
- Experience imbedding cultural change, including a background of understanding commercial and procurement business requirements and aligning them to technology services to deliver business strategic and operational demands utilising well-defined, consistent processes.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of end-to-end business service development and implementation. Solid experience of agile and iterative ways of working and cutting-edge technologies and building business analysis capabilities.
Technical knowledge needs to include:
- SAP ERP/EOP, especially SAP (S/4HANA), SAP Ariba and Concur
- Migration of on-premise SAP to cloud solutions including HANA
- Cloud strategy execution
- Data insight and analytics experience is helpful
- Optimisation of business functions through technology
- Integration of SAP procurement solutions to 3rdparty applications via API or other mechanisms
- Robotics and automation (RPA)
- API and micro services architectures
- Commercial and Procurement technologies
- Payments technologies
- IT legacy estate transformation
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter by the closing date of 27thMay.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Ben Gentle on 0207 7963218