Director Genomic Immunology, Open to flexible working
As Director of Genomic Immunology you will be an Individual Contributor responsible for providing technical and expert leadership to the Genomic Immunology group within the Adaptive Immunity Research Unit. In this role you will have the opportunity to consult across all the projects in the group and influence biology and program strategy, in addition you will contribute to the strategic direction of the group and to our goal of identifying target pathways, cell types and phenotypes that are dysfunctional in disease. It will be key for you to work across boundaries and lead innovating matrix teams with a patient-centric focus.
This role will provide/gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Design and lead gene editing screens in immune cells working with colleagues across MST and the Adaptive Immunity RU
- Participate in target evaluation efforts for 23andMe targets.
- Lead target validation efforts for novel targets in the immunology space
- Coordinate immunophenotyping efforts
- Build and foster relationships across groups in the AIRU, contributing to projects and peer review when required.
- Build network of academic key opinion leaders in the genomic immunology space
- Identify novel external opportunities in the adaptive immunity space
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in a field relevant drug discovery or equivalent experience
- Subject matter expert in immunology
- Previous experience with target ID and validation in the immunology space.
- Previous experience with genomic screens
- Previous experience with immunophenotyping disease samples (RNASeq, ATACSeq, etc)
- Demonstrated track record of being a team player and a leader, with hands-on experience in leading matrix teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work routinely across boundaries
- Proven ability to influence and communicate with stakeholders, external partners and collaborators
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor and develop staff
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.