Research Statistics Director - Oncology, Open to flexible working
The successful candidate will lead the oncology biomarkers statistics team. The Successful candidate will be tasked to provide industry leading statistical support as well as manage a highly motivated team of statisticians in support of translational medicine efforts and companion diagnostic development within GSK's oncology organization.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide statistical leadership within the Biostatistics department with specific responsibility for a statistical support of biomarker work in an emerging oncology portfolio in all phases of development
- Influence clinical stakeholders in the adoption of novel statistical approaches and partner with the Head of experimental medicine in representing the Biostatistics discipline at key meetings
- Line-manage a team of statisticians, oversee their contributions to projects, develop staff and ensure best-in-class statistical contributions for accountable projects
- Work effectively with internal and external partners to ensure effective project management and delivery of clinical studies.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An analytical and inquisitive mind with a proven track record for problem solving.
- Well honed written and oral communication skills are essential.
- A proven ability to build effective and trusting relationships with the members of interdisciplinary matrix teams.
- A proven ability to build powerful networks within and outside the company and use these relationships to achieve support for the planning and implementation of innovative approaches
CLOSING DATE for applications: Friday 31st May (COB)
We have recently announced that we are relocating all employees from Stockley Park to GSK House headquarters in Q2 and Q3 2020 to ensure co-location of our teams and that we provide a modern, fit-for-purpose working environment supporting GSK's Modern Employer ambition. Whilst this role will initially be based at Stockley Park the role will then move to GSK House in Brentford from Q2/3 2020.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- MS in statistics or related field with extensive pharmaceutical or related experience or
- PhD (or equivalent) in statistics or related field with several years pharmaceutical or related experience
- Experience in design, execution, analysis and interpretation of clinical trials
- Strong statistical capabilities with wide breath of statistical expertise including proven ability to provide both bespoke statistical and data mining solution to complex problems and hands-on programming experience to execute analyses.
- Demonstrated ability in applying fit-for-purpose statistical methods to the analysis of biomarker data including high dimensional data from clinical trials.
- Experience providing statistical support to the development of companion diagnostics
- Prior managerial experience strongly desirable or evidence that candidate has appropriate skills to develop into a leadership role quickly.
- Prior experience in oncology drug development is strongly desirable
- Candidate to have a good understanding of drug development processes and strategies, with proven ability to apply innovative statistical thinking to meet project and business objectives.
- Experience with Bayesian methods
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with;
- A history of building and maintaining strong working relationships
- A demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical colleagues.
- Strong influencing skills applied effectively across functions and levels of an organisation
- Experience of working with, and co-ordinating the work of CROs.
- Demonstrated ability to set direction and lead matrix teams in project-aligned or functionally-aligned efforts
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. We discover, make and market life-enhancing products that are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. We have 3 primary areas of business in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. We have offices in more than 115 countries, major research centers in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China and an extensive manufacturing network with 87 sites globally. Our three strategic priorities are to grow a diversified global business, deliver products of value, and to simplify our operating model.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.