Consulting, Products and Solutions, Venture Lead, Open to flexible working
Are you naturally curious about the world and staying ahead of the curve? At Deloitte Ventures, we harness Deloitte’s deep heritage to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen. We are a team of entrepreneurs, innovators, business strategists and product specialists. Together, we design and build our own technology assets to solve our customer’s most complex challenges in a swift and radical way through the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $35bn global business.
Venture leads are the co-founders for our new strategic ventures. They develop, test, and refine an initial concept into a viable product. Their goal is to validate demand, understand what it will take to build and scale a product, and build the commercial case for investment. The ideal venture lead is a creative, collaborative problem solver, who can think strategically to bring a new concept to life.
- Work closely with stakeholders in our Consulting business to define and clearly articulate a product concept: what problem will it solve, and how?
- Engage and collaborate with potential clients to understand their challenges and expectations
- Evaluate the market: who are our potential competitors or partners, and what is our best strategic approach?
- Collaborate with technical teams to understand the feasibility of the proposed venture and the resources required to develop it
- Assemble the commercial case for the venture, advise the business on the best investment decision, and pitch for funding from budget holders
- Develop the minimum viable product to test market response
- Formulate hypotheses about the best course of action at each stage, and validate these by gathering data and information from a wide variety of sources
- Refine the product concept in line with lean-startup principles
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: This role is based in London – WeWork Waterhouse Square
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in corporate innovation and/or in the start-up ecosystem
- Commercial acumen – an understanding of B2B commercial drivers and business cases
- Analytical thinker – able to solve ambiguous problems, in a structured and logical way
- Tenacity – self-motivated to own and solve complex business challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to manage internal and/or external stakeholders
- Advantageous: product development experience and/or technical ability in data science, data visualisation or programming
Deloitte Ventures works closely with the Deloitte Consulting business. Find out more about the rest of our firm below.
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 151623