Strategy & Operations, Finance Consulting, Insurance, Senior Consultant, Open to flexible working
Deloitte's Finance practice focuses on the needs of the CFO and the Finance function. We help CFOs drive value for their organisations through improved decision making, finance controllership and corporate governance.
Deloitte’s finance practice has received accolades from Gartner and Kennedy as the market leader. We will continue to be the CFO's firm of choice, leading the most complex Finance Transformation engagements.
Finance Consulting practitioners act as trusted business advisors to the CFO delivering some of the largest and highest profile transformation programmes in our business. We have a strong competency focus aimed at building deep capability in all of our people so that they are able to directly address the key issues facing CFOs from a strategic, performance and profitability perspective.
We are looking for talented Managers, with a specialisation in the GI or Life Insurance industry, with expertise in supporting the CFO’s agenda from a strategic, performance & profitability perspective.
You will be expected to work closely alongside Directors and Partners, which will provide you with two unique opportunities ‑ firstly, the opportunity to be involved in the influencing and shaping of the strategic development of our team, and secondly the opportunity to learn from the best in our business.
You'll play a key role in leading teams with deliverables across a variety of work streams and playing a key role in account development, contributing to and leading sales activities for high-profile bids in our target accounts. Working with a range of clients will also provide you with the opportunity to develop key relationships with industry leaders, and develop your leadership skills.
By joining Deloitte, you will:
- Work with some of the most prestigious national and global clients to address their greatest challenges and provide innovative and creative solutions to overcome these
- Have access to our broad range of market-leading services, propositions, assets, and our extensive knowledge base accumulated over hundreds of successful projects to develop your career
- Continue to grow and develop your core skills, hone your industry expertise and truly reach your potential accessing the wealth of learning and development available
- You will have responsibility for:
- Leading the creation of discussion decks and participating/leading in pre-sales and sales meetings
- Cultivating and closing client opportunities by delivering proposals which exceed expectations
- Developing the approach to solve complex client issues based on Deloitte methodology
- Leading the delivery of workshops, reports, and managing complex programmes through to completion
- Leading a client/Deloitte team to deliver in line with senior stakeholder expectations
- Supporting client decision-making, taking account of industry context
- Providing project management expertise including senior stakeholder management
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully, there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
Suggested work pattern:
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Deep experience in or around one or more of the Finance Strategy Insurance disciplines, i.e. Regulatory Implementation e.g. Solvency II; Process design; Management Reporting / Decision Support / Business Partnering; Data Model / CoA design; GL / Consolidation implementation
- Have worked in Life or General Insurance Industry either directly or in a consulting role and understand the challenges currently being faced by the industry
- Have a good understand of the Insurance Finance Function and Reporting requirements
- Ability to develop senior level relationships and leverage sales
- Evidence of leading multiple, large and complex finance change projects
- Ability to lead teams of consultant, client and vendor resource
- Self-motivated and ambitious with ability to motivate others
- 100% Mobility within the UK, with some international travel
- Experience of working with senior finance professionals
- Qualified/Part Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA an advantage
- Experience working within the finance function for a Financial Services company
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
More searches like this
- Finance £50,000 - £60,000 part time jobs in London (Greater)
- Accountancy £50,000 - £60,000 part time jobs in London (Greater)
- Finance Department £50,000 - £60,000 part time jobs in London (Greater)
- Insurance £50,000 - £60,000 part time jobs in London (Greater)
- Consultancy £50,000 - £60,000 part time jobs in London (Greater)