Strategy & Operations, Finance Consulting, Business Insights, Consultant, Open to flexible working
Deloitte's Finance practice focuses on the needs of the CFO and the Finance function. We help CFOs drive value for their organisations through improved decision making, finance controllership and corporate governance.
Deloitte’s finance practice has received accolades from Gartner and Kennedy as the market leader. We will continue to be the CFO's firm of choice, leading the most complex Finance Transformation engagements.
The Business Insights team, part of our Strategy & Operations Finance practice, informs and enables our clients’ commercial and strategic goals and objectives, helping them understand what information they require to drive performance and how this information can be delivered through its finance functions:
- We understand how to translate complex client challenges into structured analysis and recommendations from which informed decisions can be made, undertaking sophisticated business modelling to distil disparate data sources into valuable management information
- We enable our clients to articulate the case for large-scale multi-million or multi-billion pound investments that deliver value for money supported by commercial, strategic and financial analysis in an environment where transparency is king.
- We provide Enterprise Cost Reduction diagnostics, P&L analytics, Cost-to-Serve and profit optimisation analysis in order to drive cost control and profit maximisation opportunities for our clients
- We define and develop steering and finance models, including the associated KPIs, data and information governance, reporting and visualisation to support developing decision insights and outcomes, operating models, data models and analytics solutions
- We work with clients to develop their performance management framework (e.g. KPI Frameworks & Scorecards, Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting, Reporting & Analytics), particularly in the context of significant business change, regulatory initiatives or as part of Finance Transformation programs
- We understand and articulate the wider financial information requirements of businesses to give them the flexibility to meet future business planning and reporting requirements
- We develop leading-practice management information solutions to deliver information to decision makers, including the design and development of information and data models and exploiting the latest visualisation technology
- We bring expert knowledge of leading and future digital finance technologies and practices, helping our clients develop their digital finance strategy and implement digital solutions to transform their finance capabilities across the business (e.g. robotic automation, cognitive and artificial intelligence solutions)
With Deloitte, you will work with clients at the most senior level, delivering high-impact solutions to complex challenges and helping them drive exceptional performance.
By joining Deloitte, you will:
- Join the Market Leader in CFO Strategy and Operations Consulting, at the forefront of developing strategies for and the practical application of emerging digital technologies in the finance environment
- Work with some of the most prestigious national and global clients to address their greatest challenges and provide innovative and creative solutions to overcome these
- Have access to our broad range of market-leading services, propositions, assets, and our extensive knowledge base accumulated over hundreds of successful projects to develop your career
- Continue to grow and develop your core skills, hone your industry expertise and truly reach your potential accessing the wealth of learning and development available
A Consultant will typically have responsibility for:
- Supporting project planning and reporting, and creating deliverables as part of a larger project team
- Bringing expertise and experience to advise clients, using a structured, evidence-based approach to help our clients to understand and articulate key business challenges, and designing and implementing innovative value for money solutions to deliver enhanced business performance
- Establishing effective working relationships with peer-level clients as part of project delivery roles, partnering with business teams to establish every aspect of their requirements
- Work as part of a workstream owning key client deliverables, or lead a small workstream within the project having day to day responsibility for management of the workstream
- Support and facilitate workshops, scoping and producing reports, and interacting with the client on a daily basis
- Identifying follow-on sales opportunities at existing clients;
- Supporting business development activities including writing proposals and working closely with our industry and client account teams
- Undertaking practice development activities such as developing new service offerings to take to market and contributing to thought leadership
- Contributing to the management of our business, including team communications, building finance and industry communities, supporting training and other talent initiatives
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully, there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
Suggested work pattern:
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Core financial awareness including principles of reporting, consolidation, planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Relevant experience working in a financial discipline within management consulting OR relevant experience working in industry in financial / commercial roles
- A background in financial modelling, financial and performance management or investment appraisal
- Awareness of specific finance and performance management considerations in one or more industry sectors
- Advanced MS Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Consistently high quality personal and professional standards
- Qualified/Part Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA an advantage
- Experience working within the finance function for a Financial Services company
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction