Strategy & Operations, Finance, Transformation Platforms, Open to flexible working
Strategy & Operations, Finance, Transformation Platforms – Consultant / Senior Consultant
The Deloitte brand is synonymous with Finance, and we are uniquely positioned to work with the CFO and the Finance function to deliver the most complex and challenging transformation programmes. We are pioneers in advising our clients how to leverage technologies and drive a powerful Finance transformation, business led and agile in its deployment.
At the heart of Deloitte’s historically strong Finance practice, we are creating a Transformation Platforms team to embed new technology and finance change and provide a market-differentiating capability across a three dimensions:
Platforms: Cloud computing and the provision of Infrastructure (IaaS), Platform (PaaS) and Software (SaaS) as a service is driving rapid change to existing finance function, leading to the development of new finance operating models and delivering genuine business advantage. Opportunities arise for Finance to simplify and streamline their operations and leverage analytics across their organisation.
Process Excellence and Automation: Combining technology and deep industry knowledge to standardise complex business processes and manage their transition to systems rather than people in order to improve efficiency, reduce cost, and minimise rate of error is one of our key capabilities. Using lean six sigma methods and automation technologies, this is an opportunity to take Finance to a new level.
Talent and Change: Resulting from the changes driven by technology and automation many CFOs are having to rethink what their workforce needs to look like in the future and how they will retain and grow talent. We help them assess what they should be doing today and how to prepare for tomorrow to drive change through their organisation and people.
Our team members have the opportunity to develop their skills and experience the most interesting and demanding projects and across the full project lifecycle, and to be at the forefront of Finance innovation.
You will benefit from a world class platform and client access with remit to help clients define and build their future finance function. You will also help design and support the Finance function across topics such as finance restructuring process, excellence and automation, utilising the latest technologies, concepts and methods and articulating and designing how all the changes will impact and transform the Finance Organisation from a finance talent stand point.
You will have access to Deloitte’s broad range of market-leading services, propositions, assets, and our extensive knowledge base has been accumulated over hundreds of successful projects to develop your career.
You will support key projects with responsibility for producing multiple deliverables across a variety of work streams and building strong client relationships.
The Transformation Platforms team are seeking individuals with experience in cloud technologies, automation, process excellence and change management.
The role will include the following activities:
- Working as part of a team of industry specialists providing Consulting services across a variety of industries, so you will quickly build up your experience
- Primarily focusing on the delivery of client work that will successfully fulfil and exceed client expectations and deliver engagement and programme objectives
- Actively participate in and contribute to the development of the Transformation Platforms team
Assignments will include:
- Process design and standardisation, process efficiency and automation, including Robotic Process Automation
- Change management activities
- Project milestones tracking and reporting on project status
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully, there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
Your professional experience
As a Consultant/Senior Consulting joining Transformation Platforms team, you will be responsible for:
- Working within a team on client facing projects or programme work streams
- Producing exceptional deliverables for clients
- Conducting client interviews and supporting the facilitation of workshops for key stakeholders
- Gathering and analysing information, contributing to the identification of issues, creating and testing hypotheses and developing and communicating recommendations
- Understanding and gathering client business requirements; supporting effective day to day client relationships
- Understanding key risks and issues
- Understand, gather and analyse how the solutions and strategies will impact the finance organisation from a talent stand point
- Contributing to the development and growth of the Transformation Platforms team
- Growing and developing your core skills, hone your industry expertise and truly reaching your potential accessing the wealth of learning and development available
- Supporting and leading bid and sales activity
- Background in Finance and Technology
- Some experience in the use of BI, reporting and data visualisation technologies to appropriately represent information and analysis
- Experience within Robotic Process Automation, Cloud based technologies and working with the Finance function would be beneficial
- Experience in at least one of the following – stakeholder management, change management, learning and development, capability development and build, succession planning and / or leadership development
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Consistently high quality personal and professional standards
- Full travel mobility
Your Service Line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 154708