DevOps Engineer, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
We have excellent opportunities for driven individuals to take on a DevOps Engineering role, helping to deliver exciting customer driven solutions. From within our engineering teams we Lead the way in defining the best of new technology offerings, working closely with our engineers and Central DevOps Team to collectively drive the tooling agenda whilst balancing the requirements of the UKs leading retail bank.
The ultimate measure of success for us is using these best of breed software and platform solutions so that we can continuously improve how we deliver market leading applications for our customers. With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth, development and looking for people who can seize those opportunities.
Lloyds DevOps Engineers get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities. We understand in such a diverse and disparate world no one person can be an expert in all aspects of all DevOps tooling. If you have the right technical background, a willingness to be part of a team dedicated to transforming the landscape and are willing to develop yourself then we're keen to hear from you. Our vision of being the best bank for customers is dependent on every colleague committing to and demonstrating our core value of "putting customers first". By individually and collectively committing
Lloyds Principal DevOps Engineers and Chapter Leads demonstrate the following Engineering Principles and Core Values within their work, whilst educating the principles to the rest of the Lab through Chapters, Communities and Guilds.
- Engineers understand their business & lab priorities, and are able to facilitate the best solution designs with colleagues and product owners.
- Engineers are environment aware, can identify technical impediments / bottlenecks and work directly to resolve.
- Engineers are technology agnostic and willing to adapt their approach in pursuit of the best methods.
- Engineers are anchored within their core engineering area and carry the ability to test, learn and mentor others.
- Engineers are team aware and work with team members to support delivery in T- Shaped supporting technologies.
- Engineers understand Systems Thinking and Service Design to mitigate reactive solutions that leads to further technical debt.
- Engineers understand the benefits of measuring change and applying metrics in order to improve & prove the effectiveness and efficiency of modern engineering practices
- Engineers understand agile and the relationship between agile ceremonial roles, and the need for DevOps tools (continuous integration, testing, delivery) to underpin any agile delivery method
Specifics expected of you and your team
- Passion for training other engineers and building a strong team culture through peer- to-peer collaboration and development
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to effectively work with multi-disciplinary teams across the software development lifecycle
- Able to work "hands-on" alongside all other Engineering Disciplines
- Models the behaviours required to support the organisation's transformation to new ways of working
- An automation first approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk
- Passion to lead and work collaboratively across the teams to meet the overall goals of the Bank and Stakeholders
- Confidence to express own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
- Significant problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
Knowledge & Experience:
Strong knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and experience in Chapter delivery of software products
- Significant experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
- Experience of leading & working as part of an agile team
- Experience of using modern software development toolsets including DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience leading, coaching and developing people, teams and adoption of the latest techniques
- Takes ownership and deals with issues directly, identifies solutions to minimise customer concerns.
- Is an engineering role model with experience of partner management.
- Application monitoring tools : App Dynamic / NewRelic
- Logging management: Splunk, ELK etc
- Monitoring alerting collecting metrics to monitor the service quality and logging management.
- Containers at scale: Docker Kubernetes, Calico, Istio etc.
- Experiences and understanding of Microservices / service mesh.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.