Human Resources Business Partner - Commercial, Open to flexible working
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. They drive one another. Our HR Function sits at the heart of this. As a Business Partner at Diageo, you ensure we have the right conditions in place to develop and release the potential of our talent; our leaders and their teams. At the core of these roles, it’s to strategically shape the future organisation to deliver the biggest possible performance outcomes.
We are recruiting for a Human Resource Business Partner for our Commercial business; we’re looking for an agile, connected and accountable partner to the business, which includes GB On Trade, GB Off Trade and Customer Marketing teams, enabling growth and performance through focusing on Organisation Effectiveness, Talent and Performance Enablement.
You will play a key role in shaping and executing the organisational and people agenda; making sure we have the right structure, capabilities and talent for the future. You will do this through brilliant execution of our core people processes and interventions, focusing on creating the right environment for our teams to flourish.
You’ll learn that in our Europe HR team, our culture is something we are proud of. We share a collective accountability for delivery of goals and we work together to deliver core streams of work and the big outcomes we want to deliver. We always have the honest conversation and this honesty drives real outcomes and growth. When we grow as individuals, the team grows. Most of all we value each other and collaboration.
- Work with the HRD (and our partner teams) to support the joint responsibility to deliver the Organisation Effectiveness agenda - translating the business strategy into an OE strategy that delivers cost efficiencies, organisational effectiveness, determining and activating the right reinvestments (individual role to significant change). In doing so you’ll drive the end to end change, pulling the levers of capability, process, structure, culture, behaviours, leadership and talent to deliver the outcomes for the business.
- With the team, jointly support the development and execution of the integrated talent and capability plan using internal and external analysis to ensure we have the right talent to deliver the ambitions of the organisation today and tomorrow. A key focus is on diversity and creating a more inclusive culture within our organisation – you must be passionate about this too!
- Partner with business stakeholders to build high performing teams, coaching line managers to create an environment which is clear on performance management putting in rigour and consistency.
- Support transformational initiatives to drive cultural change and greater engagement.
- Continue to look for simplification and standardisation opportunities in order to deliver the agility required for future business performance.
- We divide our outcomes in the team by areas of passion and skill (either to learn or deploy a strength). Key priorities include on organisational effectiveness and talent management, we work closely with Talent Engagement, Capability, Employee Relations and Reward.
Who are you..?
- Demonstrable experience range of HR roles including operational roles which require technical/functional expertise and HR roles which have had a more strategic business partnering role.
- We want someone who always looks for a better way of doing something – this might be from an external source or just a great idea. You should have the passion and confidence to make change.
- Ability to use “HR data”, analysing to measure impacts, assess organisation effectiveness plans, diagnose trends and link to business performance outcomes.
- Deep understanding of organisation design principles.
- Strong change and project management experience (including influencing change).
- Experience in working successfully with stakeholders at the most senior level – strong coach – influencing, supporting and challenging.
- Excellent talent judgement – ability to assess talent gaps, and suggest actions needed to strengthen the talent bench.
- Passion for diversity and creating inclusive work environment for people.