Team Assistant, part time, 21 hours over 3 days
£22,671 - £25,588 pro rata
1 year fixed term contract
21 hours per week over 3 days
Are you interested in enhancing the reputation of the UK and nurturing future leaders through scholarships? Can you demonstrate a strong track record in customer service and delivering a service to students through a combination of administrative, communications, and enrichment priorities? If so, you could gain valuable experience as a Team Assistant for the Marshall Aid Commemoration Commission (MACC) at the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
The ACU hosts the Secretariat for the MACC who oversee the Marshall Scholarships. Founded by a 1953 Act of Parliament, and named in honour of US Secretary of State George C Marshall, the Scholarships commemorate the humane ideals of the Marshall Plan. They aim to strengthen the enduring relationship between the British and American peoples, their governments and their institutions.
Managing a portfolio of individual students, you will act as first point of contact for all issues, which may relate to placement, logistics, or simple personal matters. You will play a critical role in representing our work to its most important recipients: the award holders themselves.
As Team Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating the data entry, creation copying and posting of Notifications of Award (award offer letters) for Marshall Scholarships
- Co-ordinating the dispatch of Confirmations of Award of Marshall Scholarships
- Liaising with the Marshall stakeholders as required, in the printing, copying, collating and mailing of letters and questionnaires to Scholars, supervisors, alumni, UK contacts and universities
- Updating and maintaining both hard copy and electronic files
- Undertaking filing, copying and maintaining of records and files as required.
- Responding to enquiries relating to the Marshall Scholarship Online Application system and general enquiries on Marshall Scholarships.
- Providing event support – maintenance of accurate records of guest lists, attendance to provide support, and adhoc duties relating to events
- Minute taking at committee meetings
Some of the skills you need to be able to demonstrate include:
- Experience of administrative work and dealing with enquiries
- Relevant experience of working in an HE/Educational Office environment (desirable)
High level of proven competence of Microsoft Office Suite and other databases
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a small team as well as an ability to work independently, show initiative and exercise sound judgement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write detailed minutes.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- High accuracy and strong attention to detail
Our benefits include 31 days holiday per year pro rata (including 4 Christmas closure days) plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme (10% employer contribution plus 5% employee contribution), season ticket loan and excellent support for learning and development through a range of educational and networking activities.
At the ACU, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, race, religion, marital status, disability, age, and sexual orientation.
As Team Assistant you will be employed by ACU Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary.
How to apply
Closing date: 24 May 2019
Interview date: 5 June 2019
For further information and details of how to apply please click the apply button below.