Recruitment Project Officer, full time or part time
Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) are one of the Government’s largest departments with over 60,000 employees and 24 professions across the United Kingdom. As the UK’s tax authority, our job is to make sure money is available to pay for our public services. We also provide financial support to families and individuals who are entitled to it. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and we’re passionate about helping them to get their taxes or benefits right.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to join HMRC as we transform our organisation in to a world-leading tax authority.
This is a great opportunity to join the HR Operations Resourcing Team. We are going through a really exciting transformation and working to continually improve and streamline recruitment processes to ensure we give candidates the best experience we possibly can.
As part of HR Operations you will be working at the heart of a key HMRC Transformation area. As Project Officer you will work to the Project Co-ordinators to deliver challenging projects. We recruit people into HMRC both in large bulk campaigns and in smaller, more specialist ones, to achieve our Workforce Plan.
One of our primary objectives is to ensure we are providing candidates with a great experience as we improve and streamline our processes. To that end, you will need to recognise where continuous improvement can be adopted and approaches can be improved. You will need to be a strong team player working both with your colleagues and with key stakeholders across all HMRC Customer Groups.
Key responsibilities for this role:
• Lead and facilitate recruitment projects with a range of senior stakeholders and delivery partners, reporting on exceptions and milestones to the Project Co-ordinator
• Take ownership of and deal with enquiries in project mailboxes, tracking these through to completion within agreed service level agreements
• Identify new complaints and Freedom of Information requests, register them on the centrally held logs and support colleagues in compiling responses
• Maintain project plans, lead on particular strands of work as required
• Buddy & cover for colleagues, coach & mentor the support team, and provide support to the Project Co-ordinators as required
• Use Excel to collate and validate large data sets from various sources and perform statistical analysis and assurance before providing reports to a wide range of senior stakeholders
• Work collaboratively with key stakeholders
• Line Management may be a future requirement for this role
For this role it is essential that you can demonstrate:
• Working at pace in a professional structured manner, demonstrating personal resilience. Providing quality responses for senior leaders in a fast-paced working environment.
• An organised approach to managing personal time and work allocation.
• Strong skills in planning and delivery.
• Good knowledge of Excel including pivot tables and the ability to analyse often complex and large data sets to identify trends or patterns, providing meaningful and informative insights into HMRC's resourcing. You will need to develop, build and maintain key recruitment databases and provide data extracts and reports to a wide range of senior stakeholders.
Please click the apply button below for further details on this role and to make an application.