Consultancy Director, Business Development - part-time 4 days a week flexible
Salary: £60,000 FTE + commission
Hours: 4 days per week flexible. Includes some travel across UK
Reporting to: CEO, Timewise Foundation
Do you love coming to work? Are you proud of what you do? If not, we’d like to introduce you to Timewise, a place where post-holiday blues just isn’t a thing.
We were one of the first to spot the potential of flexible working solutions for bringing about workplace equality, and we’re still one of the best at it (if we say so ourselves). We’re considered the go-to team for all things flex, and we pride ourselves on leading the debate and driving change, even in areas that flexibility doesn’t traditionally reach.
Right now, we’re at particularly exciting stage in our development. We’re moving from a mainly funded model to a new kind of social consultancy, built on long-term, profitable relationships with major FTSE organisations and key influencers. And with the four day working week, the gender pay gap and other flex-related topics regularly hitting the headlines, it’s a brilliant time to join us.
We’re looking for someone to join our consultancy team as Consultancy Director, leading the business development function alongside our two other Consultancy Directors. Ideally, we want someone who shares our enthusiasm for building fairer, more flexible workplaces, and our determination to get the job done. In return, we can offer you a never-a-dull-moment workflow, a fun, friendly, focused bunch of colleagues, and a sense of purpose that means your job is never just a job.
And of course (well you’d hope so, really), we can also offer you the freedom to deliver your role on a flexible basis, working the equivalent of a four-day week within a pattern that works for you.
You are an experienced professional with a strong track record for establishing and maintaining relationships and turning them into business. You may have come from a traditional business development background with account management or you may be an experienced HR/OD consultant who loves developing new relationships and business opportunities.
You will lead on identifying current and future opportunities to drive the growth of Timewise’s partnership, training and consultancy services to support corporate and public sector employers to improve their approach to flexible working. Working closely with the two other Consultancy Directors you will identify opportunities in the market to develop and innovate new programmes, research, products and services in relation to flexible working. And working with the co-founders and CEO you will develop and secure sponsorship to both amplify and promote flexible working through Timewise’s core Power 50 awards and other opportunities with current and new business clients.
You will also have the opportunity to work across a diverse range of key projects and account manage a number of our major partners and clients, building and nurturing relationships as well as creating new ones. You will also have the opportunity to develop your consultancy skills and expertise in flexible working to deliver services to key corporate clients.
You will lead and develop our account management and business development team
- Lead responsibility for developing our business development plan within the consultancy team
- Lead responsibility to research, scope, build and maintain a strong pipeline of potential clients across target industries
- Lead responsibility for revenue generation for consultancy, holding a personal revenue target and overseeing co-ordination of business development amongst principal consultants to agreed individual revenue targets
- Oversee some key accounts and Partnerships with major corporate organisations, ensuring consultancy projects are delivered on time and to a high standard
- Work with the Executive team to identify opportunities and secure sponsorship revenue for Timewise Power 50 awards
- Work with other Consultancy Directors to identify bespoke consultancy opportunities, building on our research and innovation activities, and take to market
- Stakeholder and relationship management across a wide range of networks from industry bodies to business women's networks to think tanks, government departments and research bodies
- Keep up to date with market trends within flexible working and the wider inclusion and diversity and talent agenda, and track competitor activity, to ensure we maintain our market leader position
- Work closely with the Marketing Director to ensure lead brand development, market presence and to ensure consistent B2B marketing activity
- Identify, pursue and represent Timewise at speaking opportunities, events and maintain strong individual and team presence in the media and on social media
- Contribute to reporting on quality assurance and social impact metrics
Experience and Knowledge: Essential
- Successful track record of developing strong business networks in a consultancy or business services organisation
- Experience of consultative business development, from relationship building to conversion to client relationship and account management at an executive level
- Experience of delivering clear business pipelines
- Ability to write and present persuasive proposals and to communicate ideas and services
- Excellent negotiation persuasion and closing skills
- Credible and passionate about flexible working and modern workplaces
- Well organized, self-motivated and able to prioritize and accomplish tasks independently
- Effectively monitor business performance by reporting the key performance metrics
- Ability to participate as a full member of team and proactively contribute to team success
- Experience of securing sponsorship
- A good understanding of HR and workforce development issues
To be considered for this role, please send your CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience by 2nd June by clicking the Apply button