Senior Manager, Personal Independence, open to flexible working, (Mat Leave Cover)
An exciting opportunity exists for a senior manager to become part of the Personal Independence Team within National Quality & Risk Management (NQRM). We are looking for an individual who is solutions-focused, has strong analytical and project management skills, and who wants to be part of a diverse and dynamic team. This position will provide a great opportunity to play a vital role in enabling Deloitte to serve its clients whilst managing risk and protecting our reputation and brand.
Play an integral and visible role within the firm – The Personal Independence team is responsible for providing critical support to the firm and its practitioners in respect of all personal independence matters.
The role offers a unique opportunity to work with individuals at all levels across the firm and to be involved in a variety of projects that contribute to our delivery of the independence strategy. These projects will span a range of areas but may include: the implementation of new personal independence policies and processes; improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our systems and processes of quality and control; co-ordinating internal and external regulatory responses; developing educational programmes to enhance awareness of personal independence across the business; and providing advice on specific personal independence matters to practitioners.
You will have regular exposure to the most senior levels of the firm's management, including high visibility among the senior partners of the business as well as contacts across Deloitte North West Europe (NWE) and the global Deloitte network (DTTL). In addition, the role offers opportunities to work collaboratively with other Risk Management groups across the Quality, Risk & Security community, both within the UK and the NWE network.
Given the importance of personal independence and the increased scope and focus of our regulators, this role offers exciting opportunities for the right person whilst allowing them to build a broad understanding of personal independence requirements.
- Project management of core strategic work streams and other key projects, delivering high quality outputs within agreed timescales.
- Working with the Independence Team Leaders; the Director of Independence and the Ethics Partner, to address strategic independence issues.
- Overseeing and monitoring our systems, processes and procedures, ensuring that we meet our requirements and deliver quality at the highest levels.
- Identifying and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our personal independence systems and processes.
- Co-ordinating regulatory requests and findings from our regulators and ensuring implementation of any proposed actions.
- Developing an understanding of personal independence requirements to support in the application and provision of personal independence advice to partners and professional staff at all levels within the business.
- Educating and raising awareness of existing and new personal independence policies for partners and professional staff.
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Coaching and developing junior team members.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Full Time, Fixed Term (Ca. 12 months)
Your professional experience
Successful applicants will be/have:
- Ability to manage senior Partner relationships and other stakeholders across the firm
- Ability to deliver complex projects under time pressure
- Strong project management, analytical, consultative, decision making and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work accurately under time pressure
- Strong report writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize complex information and apply it in a practical way
- Willingness to learn a new technical area
- Experience of successfully coaching and managing people
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office packages
- Previous knowledge of personal independence regulations or risk & compliance would be beneficial but is not a requirement
Your service line – Quality, Risk and Security
- The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
- Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
- Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.