Research Programme Manager, part time 1-2 days per week, home-based
6 days left
- Contract Type
- Freelance/self employed
Legacy Foresight is a research and consultancy business, specialising in the charitable legacy and in-memory giving sectors. We are a ‘virtual’ company, without offices. The current team of 14 all work from home, on a flexible basis, and communicate frequently through email, Skype and regular face to face meetings in central London.
Due to continuing growth, we are now looking for a Research Programme Manager with at least 5 years’ experience in a professional environment to join our team. The role would suit someone from an account / project management role in market research, marketing or advertising with a sound understanding and experience of using market research - either on the agency or client side.
Legacy Foresight runs consortium research projects bringing together groups of charities to research issues of common interest, enabling them to share costs, information and experiences.
Reporting into the Development Director, the Research Programme Manager will focus on project management, client liaison and proposal development. They will also work closely with our qualitative and quantitative research specialists who commission, interpret and report our original research.
We are looking for someone who wants to stay in the business for a number of years and be an integral part of the team. The business is growing fast, and there will be opportunities for the right person to take on more work/responsibility over time if desired.
Consortium coordination and communications
- Maintaining regular contact with consortium client contacts, including updating records, responding to queries and keeping them informed of project progress
- Setting up and analysing client surveys
- Organising induction sessions with new member charities
- Organising and minuting steering group meetings
Managing and following up project workshops
- Organising client workshops and presentations with our team administrator
- Writing up group discussion notes
Proposal writing and follow-up
- Investigating new research themes through desk research and client/expert interviews
- Identifying target clients, both charities and individual staff members
- Developing detailed proposals and plans with the research team
- Strong interest and experience of using consumer research, both qualitative and quantitative
- Ability to work under own direction without close supervision
- Methodical and persistent, with good attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to write clearly and engagingly, making complex ideas understandable to a broad audience
- Proficient in using Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- IT-literate, able to manage a home office without hands-on IT support
- Interest in the charity sector
£275 per day on a self-employed basis (to be reviewed after 6 months)
Hours and Flexibility
The role will be self-employed, flexible and home-based, averaging around 2 days a week. There will be busier periods when the person may be required to work up to 3 days a week – these will be planned in advance and negotiated around other commitments. We do not expect someone to work set days/hours but will agree deadlines for completing specific tasks on an ad hoc basis.
As a minimum, we are willing to commit to the equivalent of 1 day’s work a week on an annual basis. (i.e. 45 days a year allowing for holidays).
As a self-employed person, they will use their own computer and phone, but we are willing to provide advice and financial support to acquire additional software/ hardware as necessary.
Please apply by uploading your CV and a short covering note highlighting your relevant experience and your interest in flexible working. Deadline – 30 May 2019
Shortlisting and interviews will take place in June with a view to the appointment and induction of the successful candidate by mid July. The Programme Manager would need to spend a couple of days with the Development Director in August with a view to starting in September.
Apply for Research Programme Manager, part time 1-2 days per week, home-based
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly