Learning Support Assistant - Term Time, Part-Time (4 days per week)
The King Alfred School is looking for a talented and compassionate Learning Support Assistant to provide academic and pastoral support to a 10-year-old child.
The ideal candidate will be sensitive, empathetic, and have experience working with children.
Working with Lower School Teachers and the Lower School SENCO, the key duties of this role will include:
- Attend classes with the student and support him by encouraging focus
- Do catch up work with the student to ensure that they are up to speed with his work in all subjects
- Communicate promptly and sensitively with parents, both formally and informally
- Pro-actively help to build and then monitor the student’s emotional security and liaise with school pastoral staff and parents when necessary
Applicants should possess:
Qualifications / training
- Good standard of written and spoken English Degree (desirable)
- Evidence of working with SEND children Evidence of working well in a team
Skills and abilities
Interpersonal: Ability to establish successful relationships with assigned children, other children more broadly, the parents and colleagues
Emotional Intelligence: Ability to work sensitively with the assigned children on a 1-2-1 basis and in larger groups
Advocacy: Ability to articulate the children’s needs to others as appropriate
Planning: Ability to think pro-actively about the children’s needs and opportunities
Organisation: Ability to organise, prioritise, plan ahead and coordinate a variety of tasks and procedures, in tandem with colleagues
- Empathy, sensitivity and a good sense of humour Enthusiasm, determination, flexibility Positivity and resilience Tact and diplomacy Welcomes feedback and accountability Sets and maintains high standards in professional relationships with students and colleagues
- The KAS ethos, and child –centred progressive education Working in a ‘can‐do’ culture with a commitment to continuous improvement The happiness, well‐being, and progress of all at the school Safeguarding and welfare of all children and young people
If you are interested in this exciting position, you should send a CV and covering letter via the application method below.