Payroll Assistant, Part time 22.5 hours/wk (preferably worked over 4 or 5 days)
Who we are
BPP is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes, apprenticeships and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online platforms. When you work with BPP, you will be part of a business that really believes in supporting your personal and professional development.
What you’ll do
The role holder will support the Business by efficiently and effectively delivering payroll advice and support. This role is part of an established and busy HR Team. You should be looking for an environment where you can make a real difference by providing excellent support to the business and across the HR team.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage the ‘Payroll Inbox’, working closely with the HR Admin Team to co-ordinate responses;
- Administer and adhere to all payroll processes and instructions, taking responsibility for ensuring data input is accurate and timely;
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Action overtime payments including responding to general queries and consolidating the information from the business for upload;
- To assist with the monthly reconciliation process, producing the necessary reports required by the Finance team and the HMRC;
- Administer 3rd party payments and any manual payment requests (when necessary) to the Finance team;
- Give clear, concise and timely advice in response to day-to-day queries from line managers, employees and the wider HR team;
- Assist and support the Payroll Manager in wider HR projects and people transformation initiatives that relate to payroll enhancements;
- Adhoc duties as directed by the Payroll Manager to support the HR Admin Team
The role will work very closely with the HR Admin Team to ensure consistency of service and advice is achieved.
The successful candidate will have previous payroll experience and ideally hold a CIPP qualification. A working knowledge of an HR/payroll system is essential, and experience of Zellis (previously Northgate) Resourcelink would be particularly advantageous. Additionally, a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel (including detailed spreadsheets), Word and Outlook is required.
With exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy, the successful candidate will be adept at learning new systems and processes. Capable of working under minimal supervision and able to organise and manage their workload, they will have excellent time management skills along with the ability to multi-task to meet strict deadlines.
A proactive, customer-focused approach is essential, along with the ability to communicate clearly and in a professional, courteous manner both verbally and in writing – maintaining the strictest levels of confidentiality at all times.
Finally, the ability to work as part of a team is essential, sharing knowledge/advising colleagues and offering assistance to others. You will be expected to treat others within the team with courtesy and respect and work with others to solve problems, using the advice and ideas of others collaboratively. The ability to place your work into the bigger context of HR/payroll best practice and the business is essential.
What we offer
BPP exists to help people make the most of their talents – just ask the students who study with us every year. We aim to have an equally positive impact on our employees' careers by providing the culture, career development opportunities and extra benefits to inspire you personally and professionally.
BPP invests heavily in your career development – you will have free access to all of BPP's courses – from gaining an ACCA accountancy qualification, in-house leadership and management training or wide range of personal and professional development opportunities to a Graduate Diploma in Law, you can take your career in any direction you like.
Add to this a comprehensive benefits package, and you’ll find BPP a great company to work for.
How to apply
For a full job description and details on how to apply, please visit click 'Apply'.