HR Officer, Part time
1 day left
- Contract Type
Location: Sir Oswald Stoll Mansions, 446 Fulham Road, London SW6 1DT, but may occasionally be required to make visits to other Stoll-owned or managed properties.
Responsible to: Director of Corporate Services
- To support the HR function of the organisation
- To support the administration of the organisation through the Corporate Services department
To support the HR function of the organisation
- To provide administrative support to the recruitment and selection process, including advertising, interviews and induction.
- To ensure that all of Stoll’s HR records, administration and monitoring activity is up-to-date and provide statistics and reports upon request.
- To maintain Stoll’s HR database in line with data management procedures
- To maintain staff annual leave and absence records ensuring monitoring is up to date and provide statistics and reports on request
- To coordinate all staff induction and leaving activities. Ensuring that all relevant documentation is completed to deadline.
- To maintain all staff communications both electronic and manual..
- To oversee an organisation-wide approach to training, including the delivery of all core competency.
- To coordinate and support training and development activities for all staff, internally, online and with external training bodies as required.
- To organise staff team events and social activities.
- Administrate the staff section on the Stoll SharePoint Site.
- Maintain records of complaints, providing regular reports on Complaints to the Senior Management Team.
- To act as office First Aider and Fire Warden.
- To cover reception during lunch hours and in the absence of the Receptionist
- To support the operations of the wider Corporate Services Department as and when required.
- To ‘muck in’ as part of the team to help run, open days, conferences and other public events.
Working in a team and with others
- Assist the Director of Corporate Services and Chief Executive in setting up Away Days, all staff meetings and team meetings.
- Contribute positively to working in a team and across Stoll to deliver quality services to tenants/residents
- Maximise own personal development by positively contributing to induction, supervision, training, appraisal and team meetings
- Act in a professional manner while on duty and when representing Stoll
Quality and regulatory compliance
- Continuously look to improve the quality of services responding positively to feedback and complaints
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information relating to tenants and staff in accordance with Stoll’s Privacy Policies.
- Ensure all data is controlled and processed in line with Stoll’s Data Protection Policy
Health and Safety
- Work in accordance with Stoll Health and Safety Policy and legislative requirements report any accidents or potential accidents and near misses
- Support the Director of Corporate Services to ensure that all Stoll’s operations are healthy and safe and that we conform to best practice at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Chief Executive or Director of Corporate Services
Human Resources Officer
- Experience of working in an administrative role in a pressurised environment
- Experience/Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Experience/Ability to work independently as well as in a diverse team
- Experience/Ability to be flexible and juggle different tasks coupled with highly developed planning skills
Skills and Knowledge
- High level organisational skills to handle varying administrative tasks effectively
- Highly IT literate, with previous knowledge of databases and project management systems
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise and manage own workload to deadline and achieve objectives set
- Demonstrable high attention to detail
- Demonstrable excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A relevant Level 3 qualification e.g. NVQ3 in Administration, or one or more relevant GNVQs or A-levels, or equivalent post-16 qualification(s)
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and ethos of Stoll
- A passion to support vulnerable Veterans
- Understands the challenges faced by ex-Service men and women
- Provides excellent service delivery to both internal and external customers, responding promptly and effectively at all times
- Communicates information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of audiences both formal and informal
- Informs colleagues of successes, challenges and developments
- Works well with Colleagues, Trustees, Residents and external stakeholders
- Applies the spirit of “mucking in”, helping colleagues when needed
Support of Equality and Diversity
- Treats all people with respect
- Upholds Stoll’s equality and diversity standards and promotes individuality, equality and community at all times
Delivers a High Quality of Work
- Produces accurate, thorough, and professional work
- Plans and manages own work load, working flexibly to meet changing work priorities and demands
- Maintains excellent timekeeping standards, managing appointments and meetings effectively and planning well in advance
- Delivers tasks set through planning and supervision
- Takes responsibility for own work, including errors
- Utilises Stoll IT systems to manage emails, calendars and data effectively
Commitment to Health & Safety
- Understands how to work safely
- Understands how to respond to a safeguarding incident and reacts accordingly
- Manages their own health and wellbeing, recognising when to ask for extra support
Apply for HR Officer, Part time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly