Corporate Tax Manager - Open to flexible working
Our Corporate Tax professionals help businesses meet complex demands for UK tax reporting, compliance, planning, strategy and controversy. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of businesses and corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
Working in the middle markets tax space you will help your portfolio of clients through the challenges of planning, financial accounting, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. They work with organisations and individuals to structure transactions and operations in a tax-effective manner. This includes helping clients to mitigate tax risk, comply effectively with tax laws and take into account the prospect of change.
Your key responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business focused approach taken
- Overall responsibility of quality of client service
- Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Negotiation skills
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day management of the team
- Change orientated with flexible approach
To qualify for the role you must have
- Significant experience in Corporate Tax from a large accountancy or law firm
- Degree qualified
- ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Law qualification / Tax specialist qualification / or breadth of knowledge equivalent to a Tax specialist qualification
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Highly experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in functional area
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Join us in building a better working world.