Senior Transaction Tax Advisor - Full/Part time working considered
Transaction Tax works with clients of all sizes in all industries, working closely with the incredibly strong network of Transaction Tax teams around the world. In this dynamic and fast-moving environment, you’ll apply your skills to a variety of transactions. With a truly entrepreneurial spirit there is the flexibility to shape your career in particular sectors or areas of the M&A landscape or to get experience across the spectrum.
The Core Transaction Tax team deals with the world’s largest corporate and private equity clients as well as specifically focussing on the areas of the M&A market that are developing the quickest. Our flexibility and speed to market means that we have grown each year throughout the downturn - in order to take advantage of the current opportunities in the market we need to continue to recruit the best talent.
In this team you will get wide-ranging experience in all the core areas of transactional work – including corporate deals, private equity, infrastructure and clean-tech, distressed debt and turnaround transactions and restructuring.
As deal advisers, Transaction Tax team members not only get good UK tax technical experience but also get a commercial understanding of what is important to our clients in a deal context. As a large part of TT work is cross-border, you will also have an early introduction to international structuring techniques and overseas tax regimes.
We are currently looking to expand our Transaction Tax team and are keen to speak with experienced Tax Manager looking for their next move.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business focused approach taken
- Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm.
Skills and attributes for success
- Client focused and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player
- Coaching more junior staff
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in M&A Tax
- Any of the following preferred: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
- Graduate/Graduate calibre or equivalent work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and time
What we look for
You’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we’ll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to develop you tax career.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.