Private Banking Advice Manager, Private Clients - Schroders, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Job Description Summary
At Lloyds Banking Group, every call we make, every meeting we take, and every conversation where we advise our clients - everything is viewed from their perspective. You'll embody this philosophy to build trusted relationships with private banking clients, to enable them to grow and protect their wealth now and for future generations.
Private Banking is able to provide holistic advice where appropriate to aim to help our customers achieve their financial goals and needs. We can help customers build a robust financial plan. Using this as a basis we can support customers with their needs through access to a variety of products and services.
As one of our Private Banking Advice Managers, you’ll put advice at the heart of your interactions with clients and build and own the whole client relationship.
Maintain and grow an existing portfolio of affluent clients - Starting with a ready-made portfolio, you'll build on existing relationships with some of our more affluent customers. You'll also travel to different locations in a localised area to build a rapport with internal contacts in Retail and Commercial banking, and follow the new leads and opportunities they generate.
Own the whole relationship as a trusted advisor - Providing a complete financial planning service, you'll be rewarded for building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with a wide range of customers. Your success lies in understanding their financial priorities and long-term goals, helping them understand their choices and providing advice that is right for them.
Conducting regular financial reviews you'll discuss and advise on new services and investment options. So you'll proactively maintain your knowledge of our full range of products, and the opportunities and challenges created by evolving financial markets. Most importantly, your knowledge, gravitas and professional approach will ensure your clients buy into you. With their interests at the heart of your advice, you'll become their trusted advisor.
Your qualifications and experience - You must be qualified to Level 4 (Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning). Ideally you'll already have, or be working towards, Level 6 but support may be available to complete this Advanced Diploma. Whether your background is in Independent Financial Advice, or with another bank or financial institution, pensions experience is essential. You must also demonstrate a considered approach, with the ability to construct written reports and clearly explain options and potential outcomes.
Our strategy is framed by our purpose of Helping Britain Prosper, being the bank with the largest retail and commercial presence throughout the country.
Our strategic partnership with Schroders announced in October 2018 is a key part of our strategy to accelerate growth in Wealth by using our multi-channel customer reach and Schroders' investment expertise, with the aim of becoming a top UK financial planning business within five years.
Would you like to be part of making this possible?
We're growing our regulated advice team.
What does this role involve?
- You're there to ensure we meet the needs of our clients. So most of your time will be spent talking to existing and new customers
- You'll be meeting new and existing clients face to face and over the phone, conducting meetings and providing holistic financial advice to review and meet their immediate and ongoing financial needs
- You'll have a dedicated area to lead including a branded group of branches
- You'll handle and build a designated portfolio of ongoing client relationships and introductions from across the Group, identifying and addressing clients financial needs
- You'll own the client relationship so you'll be the liaison with all the right teams to ensure first class standards of service
- You'll be establishing links with introducers, both internal and external
- We offer a range of agile and flexible working patterns
A bit about you….
A new venture like this doesn't happen very often. We've built an opportunity to really differentiate our service from what is out there already. So the roles we're recruiting for need people who are excited by the difference they can make.
- You'll be CII Level 4 Diploma qualified or equivalent. Our focus is on people with the drive and commitment to make a difference to our customers
- You have a background in financial advice even if this hasn't been in banking - we'd still love to hear from you
- You're comfortable working with multiple systems, taking care of complex cases and guiding customers in the wide range of products we offer
- You're not interested in treading water, you're motivated to ensure you give your customers the best service possible, and you're keen to identify and work with new clients
Your professionalism, integrity and high standards of business ethics go without saying so….
- It's second nature to you to ensure that the advice you give and the actions you take follow our internal framework as well as external regulatory and statutory requirements
- You know how to manage risk to ensure your client's best interests are met
- You're passionate about your own development and maintain your levels of professional standing and competence and you're genuinely committed to living our values, behaviours and meeting our Codes of Responsibility
Why should you apply?
- This is an employed role, so on top of your basic salary there's bonus and additional earning potential
- We have a full employee benefits package including a car, medical insurance and pension to name just a few
- You'll have your own client bank to build and maintain relationships throughout your career with us
- Your role is about growing your portfolio so if you're passionate about making sure new clients access the same support your existing clients get from us - then this role is for you
- You'd be working with your LBG colleagues and our LBG customer base - so there is a referral pool there for you, ensuring that customers work with the right people to meet their full financial needs
- You'll be able to give full holistic advice to your clients, across the full range of our products including IHT, pre and post retirement planning, investments, trust planning and protection
- You'll have access to award winning technology that combines back-office, business management, client management, wrap platform and investment solutions as an all-in-one intuitive web-based suite helping simplify operations and freeing up time to focus on clients. An integrated secure client portal also allows clients an on-line consolidated view of their wealth, bringing you the potential to efficiently service a greater range of clients than before.
We pride ourselves on the quality of the training and support you'll receive. We value your growth and happiness so, working in a small team you'll have support through coaching and development from both your line manager and a Development & Conduct Manager. Add to this that our expert admin teams are there to give you additional support with technical aspects, and you end up with a collaborative and inclusive culture.
More than this, our ethos is to provide equal opportunities to all, and to ensure we represent the communities we serve.
If like us, you're more motivated by customers than by targets and you'd thrive in a culture that is values and client led - come and talk to us. Select the Apply Now button to start the conversation.