Events Executive, full time with flexible working
To support the implementation of the marketing strategy and business development, to build profile and new business opportunities on a One Firm basis.
Working as part of the London events team to deliver effective events for the financial services group for external clients and targets including content-led seminars, networking events and hospitality
The successful candidate will be responsible for project managing own events from initial brief and research through to post event evaluation.
Work with lead partners and other key stakeholders across financial services to understand their objectives and to recommend event activity, maintaining good communication throughout the planning and execution process. Manage event timelines and project plans, delegate management including invitation production, joining instructions and badge production, build and maintain strong relationships across departments and with external event suppliers, consultant the wider firm on best practice for events, Ensure events are brand compliant and onsite set up and event management – this may require out of office hours being undertaken, Responsible for keeping within agreed event budgets and Management of follow-ups and post event analysis
- Liaise with BD Teams who will brief on event purpose and requirements, and project managing those events.
- Liaise with the Digital Team for external communications who will prepare invitations to send to clients.
- Managing responses electronically through CRM system
- Managing mailing lists for external and internal events through CRM system
- Liaising with suppliers both internally and externally
- Managing relationships with third parties, associations Grant Thornton hold events for
- Ensuring accuracy of name badges and attendance lists
- Preparing marketing materials for external and internal events
- Ensuring that all executives and managers are kept fully updated on all event activity
- Attending events to greet guests and ensure they are welcomed appropriately, and arranging onsite support
- Assisting in the sourcing of appropriate venues for external functions
- Contribute to best practice and educate fee earners on what makes events successful
- Manage relationships with multiple stakeholders and their conflicting priorities
- Ensure all activity is in line with the sectors key propositions and key accounts
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, with attendees, suppliers and internal team.
- Planning, time management and organisation skills
- Negotiation skills
- 2 years plus experience in Events as an Associate/Assistant
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Builds business relationships to establish trust and confidence
- Excellent communication skills, both written (competitive positioning) and verbal
- Strong time management and personal effectiveness, with a focus on results
- Proven attention to detail and ability to inspire confidence
- Commercial awareness
- Marketing and Business Development experience with specific emphasis on events
- Proofreading skills
- Experience working with Internal Communications teams and external agencies
- Experience of using a CRM system, eg InterAction
- Proven ability to implement simplified and efficient business processes
Please click the apply button below for further details and to make your application