Executive - TAS department, full time - open to flexible working
The Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team provides a broad range of advisory services to clients, primarily in a deals environment, including financial due diligence (FDD), tax due diligence, Treasury and Strategy & Commercial Advisory (SCA).
As a member of the FDD team you will be providing financial due diligence on both buy-side and sell-side transactions for private equity and corporate clients. You may also have the opportunity to work on public company transactions, primarily on AIM and the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
An Executive in the FDD team will support and assist with transactions, typically as part of a wider deal team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will principally be performing financial analysis and report writing as part of the production of a financial due diligence report.
An Executive must be capable of interfacing with clients, management teams, external financiers and other professionals.
An Executive should know when to seek advice from the manager/senior manager and other specialists as appropriate and demonstrate strong commercial flair.
- Projects a professional image and builds good rapport with the client, with a clear understanding of client expectations
- Addresses questions confidently
- Maintains detailed question and answer lists and communicates these with the client
Client take on/risk management:
- Seeks input from peers and managers as to firm procedures
- Seeks input as to the firm's potential liability on assignments
- Sets up Corporate Finance Works (internal client take-on) document and undertakes anti-money laundering checks on clients
- Drafting letters of engagement for review by managers
- Takes responsibility for assigned areas of a due diligence report, ensuring accuracy for all figures in the report
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Meets deadlines set for an assignment by managers
- Maintains assignment files with direction from internal TAS manual
- Identifies activities to be undertaken and prioritises accordingly
- Demonstrates strong technical accounting competence
- Seeks advice on areas of technical research and then undertakes research using the firm portals and databases
- Possesses good Excel skills and is able to use these to produce financial analysis
- Acknowledges the limitations of own technical expertise and experience and seeks the support of others if necessary
- Undertakes other duties to meet the demands of the business
- Works effectively and enthusiastically with all members of the team
- Supports associates within the team through coaching
- Prepares own self appraisal and seeks feedback after each assignment
- Attends training courses, keeping technical knowledge up-to-date and developing competencies through in-house training opportunities
Credibility as a representative in TAS:
- Creates a good first impression, projecting a professional image
Operations and results
- Takes responsibility for assigned areas, including having own work reviewed and works to time and budget
- Assists in the full recovery of billable time through accurate and timely submission of timesheets
- Contributes to ensuring maximum utilisation of staff through proactively seeking involvement in upcoming assignments and highlighting own availability
- Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies
- Undertakes level-to-level marketing from own personal contacts
- Supports the preparation of proposals, including research on potential clients and target companies
- Shows awareness and understanding of other service lines within the firm
- Networks internally and develops personal contacts
- Seeks input from managers to develop commercial awareness
Please click the apply button below for more details and to make your application