Business Development Assistant, full time - open to flexible working
Business Development Assistant – Central Region
Overall Role Purpose
Supports the Regional BD Manager, Partners, Directors and wider teams to achieve their growth goals through the delivery of events, campaigns and other business development related activities.
East Based in Cambridge with travel to other locations (including Norwich and Chelmsford) as required
West Based in Milton Keynes with travel to other locations (including Leicester and Northampton) as required
We are a flexible employer and can offer a range of flexible working patterns from part to full-time, as well as working from home.
- Leads on the administration of all event related activity including but not limited to: finding and booking venues, creating invitations and drafting e-comms briefings, acting as the RSVP contact on invitations, responding to external and internal event enquiries in a professional and timely manner, maintaining event guests lists, keeping internal stakeholders regularly updated on RSVP progress.
- Prepares hand out material when necessary, briefs and manages external speakers when required, and coordinates briefings with Grant Thornton hosts pre-event.
- On site set up and event management - this may require out of office hours being undertaken.
- Providing administrative support around targeting activities, including but not limited to, campaigns, proposals, research, arranging meetings and database maintenance.
- An InterAction champion – working with fee-earners, PAs and other support staff to ensure InterAction is kept up to date.
- Supports the team with administrative tasks and in the delivery of the larger, high profile cross line of service events and campaign activity.
- Internal communications – updating internal screens and noticeboards with relevant information such as success stories, forthcoming events and campaigns and other BD related news.
- Is up to date in the key strategic themes and revenue opportunities for the central region at any given time.
- Supports the implementation of the business development strategy for the central region and forms links with other service lines, sectors and market teams.
- Supports the BD manager in the creation and maintenance of sales pipelines within the central region.
- In conjunction with the BD manager, manage a process to drive activity on local Focus Lists and to champion and communicate the contents of the pipeline (targets and key clients) to the wider teams.
- Aids the BD manager in identifying opportunities for new business or cross-selling – including reviewing local print and online press to collate intelligence on clients and targets.
- Provides support in putting together BD and bid collateral.
- Fully understands the corporate ID and applies this to all marketing communications, events and supporting materials.
- Social Media – supporting all staff on the wider use of Social Media to promote successes, events, publications etc
- Co-ordinate local PR activity in a pro-active, timely manner, for example obtaining quote approval from relevant spokespeople, advising PR agency on new starters, promotions and local newsworthy topics.
- Produces events analysis including collating feedback from guests, ensuring requests for further information are followed up by relevant personnel, collating internal feedback, and producing summary report of statistics.
- Manages all events in line with budget. Produces and reconciles working budget spreadsheets. Keeps records of all expenditure and quotes received.
- Processes and keeps up to date with supplier invoices.
- Tracks meetings and opportunities from event and campaign activity to assist in measuring RoI.
- Liaison with regional colleagues regarding event details and provide updates on progress.
- Helps engage the office based local support teams on BD initiatives (including events) where appropriate and to advise on best practice and protocols.
- Engages with external suppliers when required and manages these parties to ensure deadlines and timings are adhered to.
- Supports the wider regional team with workload when appropriate.
- Develops strong and trusted relationships with internal clients.
- Assists in the maintenance of the local alumni list and ensures details are updated on Interaction with any new leavers so that they receive future relevant alumni communications.
Skills / experience
- Strong practical knowledge of using Microsoft suite of software including PowerPoint, Excel & Word. Knowledge of Office365 an advantage (Minimum requirement)
- Working knowledge of CRM systems (knowledge of InterAction an advantage)
- Previous experience in event organisation and management (minimum requirements)
Please click the apply button below for further details and to make you application