Corporate Tax Executive, full time - open to flexible working
A global spotlight is shining on tax like never before. More than ever, our clients need to have assurance that they are paying the right amount of tax while ensuring their stakeholders have a positive perception of their business. In a world of increasingly complex tax legislation, we make sure our clients know how the rules affect their business.
- you'll be great at building rapport with our clients, getting a clear understanding of their expectations and providing high levels of client service
- you'll take ownership for quality tax delivery and compliance, seeking solutions to technical issues and demonstrate a willingness to understand and recognise the breadth of possible technical issues.
- you'll be a strong team player who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and wellbeing whilst meeting financial targets.
Who we're looking for:
You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- you'll be professionally qualified or nearly qualified (ACA, CTA)
- you'll have experience working in a corporate tax function
Grant Thornton Birmingham comprises approximately 25 Partners and Directors and 350 staff. We have a fantastic team culture within the office and everyone is actively encouraged to provide their views and ideas to ensure the continued success of the office. The team at Birmingham can participate in an active social club and charity events, agile working, discounts at local shops, on-site treatment rooms and free to use gym.
We expect every member of staff to be able to interact well with clients and build relationships so we are truly seen as a trusted advisor.