Office Manager - Part-time, 20 hours per week
Part-time Office Manager role with flexibility
Built on the foundation that health food should never be boring, Pip & Nut is a rapidly growing food brand with big ambitions; in just four years we’ve scaled to over 4000 stores nationwide with listings in high end stores like Wholefoods & Selfridges as well as national retailers like Tesco’s, Sainsbury’s, ASDA & Morrisons.
We firmly believe that food should first and foremost taste amazing and we believe this can also be done using only natural ingredients with nothing nasty found inside. Our purpose is to help people love food that loves them and in doing so encourage people to have a better relationship with food. Aside from the fact that our products stack up nutritionally, we’ve also built a serious amount of momentum & love behind our brand, with fans ranging from International athletes to top celebrities and everyone in between.
As part of the Team, you will be playing a key role across the business as our office manager a la Squirrel Organiser! This role will be focused on making sure we have a reputation for impeccable customer service, ensuring we’re a top employer to work for with a great office environment and supporting our founder Pip.
In a nutshell, you are responsible for:
● Managing our customer service channels
● Delivering our internal events and quarterlies
● Keeping our office running smoothly making it a great place to work for every squirrel
● Supporting our founder, Pip with tasks and key projects
In more detail, this means:
● Ensuring office stock levels are maintained and recorded eg equipment, product, stationary
● Managing relationships with outsourced partners such as IT support or service providers
● Looking for ways to improve our internal systems and processes e.g. we currently use Slack for day to day comms
● Ensuring that our office looks as good as it can be and being responsible for any refurb projects from concept to implementation
● Responsible for all office Health and Safety such as coordinating fire warden and first aid training
● Ensure we stick to our goals for eco office including recycling, renewable energy, waste tracking and eco products
● Adhoc tasks to help the team including grocery orders for office kitchen
● Welcoming guests to the Nest and helping refreshments for larger external meetings
● Generally ensuring that our Nest is in ship shape form and a great place to work.
● Managing the general enquiries inbox, phone and mail to ensure that all enquiries are responded to in less than 24 hours
● Being the first point of contact for all enquiries and ensure that you respond in a welcoming and informed manner
● Supporting our Comms manager with creative concepts for internal events and quarterlies
● Welcoming all squirrels to the Nest ensuring a smooth onboarding process
● Supporting with hiring admin — posting jobs, filing applications
● Helping coordinate our group internal learning and development sessions
Specific knowledge, qualifications, skills & experience required:
● Organised — you will need to juggle lots of task and be adapt and ensuring that things and completed to time
● Team Player — you should be highly personable and look to improve things for the total collective
● Excellent written English and a gift for copy — you’ll need to be adapt at written English and ensure that all communications is in line with Pip & Nut tone of voice
● But most importantly you will demonstrate how you can see an opportunity to develop your career with us at Pip & Nut and contribute to the success of our company as we grow, showing passion for your role.
Purpose: Help people love food that loves them
Pip & Nut Company Values:
● Bring the fun — We bring fun, laughter and positive energy to everything we do
● Be Open — We believe in realness, from our people and ingredients, to the way we run our business
● Keep it real — We take care to listen and find ways to be accessible to everyone
● Never Settle — We’re ambitious, a little bit obsessed and will never comprise on quality
What’s it like to work at the Nest:
Like our brand, as a team we don’t take ourselves too seriously and want to make sure that we’re having fun and inject a bit of playfulness into our day to day. We also want to ensure that every person in our team has a clear understanding of our mission and what we are looking to achieve. That’s why we invest in lots of different ways to support you and the team to do this:
1. Learning to be better — We’re an ambitious bunch and have a hunger to learn something new everyday, whether it’s small or big. That’s why we invest behind each team member with resource to support a personal development plan each year. Whether that’s learning soft or hard skills we want every person in our team to pursue areas that they wish to grow more within
2. Physical and mental health — your wellbeing is key to doing a great job that’s why we provide private health care and gym membership
3. Free breakfast, Friday team lunches, a no desk lunch policy and of course unlimited nut butter — building positive relationships with food is at the core of what we do as a brand so we make sure as team we live this value by making sure that we stop to eat well throughout the day. All food we buy for the office is also bought from businesses that avoid the use of palm oil as we like to support brands who also believe this is an ingredient worth avoiding
4. Giving back to our community and planet — as a brand we want to give back to our community which is why on top of your 25 days holiday we also give 3 additional days leave for you to volunteer with a charity , one day is dedicated to our company charity of the year and the other two days can be spent with a charity of your choice
5. Flexi-working and working from home — we know that not everyone works the same and that sometimes you need to be more flexible. That’s why from 2019 we have implemented core office hours of 10am — 4pm and you can make up your hours earlier or later depending on if you’re an early bird or night owl. We also encourage you to work from home one day a week
6. Finally our office is based in Spitalfields, London, a great location for food at lunch and a drink or two after work.
· Working hours — Part time to be discussed (20 hours per week) eg Monday to Thursday 10 till 3pm.
· Remuneration: DOE
· Start Date: Immediate
· Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor working Visas. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
At the Nest we value diversity.
Applicants must submit a CV and Cover Letter via the Apply button
Files will be downloaded and saved with an identification number. The team will then assess these CVs (without personal or educational details). Once successful CVs are identified we will view the email for the corresponding identification number and invite to a phone interview.
It is our policy not to discriminate against our employees on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or maternity (together the “Protected Characteristics”) or trade union membership or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee.
Apply for Office Manager - Part-time, 20 hours per week
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly