Operator (Part-Time Evenings)
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
Context of this role
This individual will work on a art time basis (19 hours), Monday to Thursday 4:45pm to 9:30pm.
Role Purpose and responsibilities
In a very team-based role, these operators will play a pivotal role in the Packaging team by maintaining the line and finding improvements wherever possible. They will be focused in meeting performance targets in relation to safety, quality, service, cost and asset care while consistently remaining 100% compliant and they will be especially comfortable doing this in a team environment. They're duties duties and responsibilities will also include (but are not limited to):
- Operating packaging machine processes following defined standard operating procedures for machine operation and set up time reduction
- Preparing the line for shift handover
- Having an awareness of loss and wastage in the site and proactively offering solutions
- Being responsible for quality control at line
- Completing short interval control documentation on activities.
To be considered for this role, you will be/have;
- A real people-person with excellent interpersonal skills
- Quick to learn with proven IT skills
- Experience in a similar role would be preferred
- Some knowledge of packaging processes would be advantageous
- Experience with risk standards (Quality H&S Environment) Safety and hygiene compliance procedures
- Some experience with SAP would be useful
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment.
We're always happy to talk about flexible working.