Admissions Officer - Job Share
4 days left
- Contract Type
The Minster Centre is seeking a highly motivated individual to fulfil a job share in the role of Admissions Officer. This is a key role within the Training Administration Team with a core responsibility for planning and administering the admissions process. We are delighted to offer this post as a job share between two members of staff.
We are keen to find the right candidate and therefore, want to remain flexible in how we implement this job share. As this is a job share, we appreciate that candidates will have other commitments so if you are interested and you feel you could make a positive contribution to The Minster Centre, we encourage you to contact us to discuss the role further.
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a job share and work autonomously on various tasks, and also work well within the wider team. They should have excellent time management, communications and people skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Answering initial course enquiries (email and phone) in a professional and timely manner.
- Filtering course applications by flagging up non-standard applicants with Course Leaders or Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Organising applicant interviews with course tutors.
- Sending out offer letters to prospective students.
- Drafting contracts and sending them out to new students.
- Enrolling students onto their respective courses.
- Monitoring numbers of new students in line with course intake limits and reporting data to Registrar and SMT.
- Liaising with SMT and finance regarding expected new student numbers.
- In liaison with Course leaders and SMT, allocating places in 1st Year of professional training to eligible Foundation students, returning students and external applicants.
- Contributing ideas towards marketing planning.
- Recording and maintaining accurate admissions data.
General course administration
- Supporting tutors with their course administration and assisting students with enquiries.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationship with the Finance and Operations Team.
- Maintaining data and information on Salesforce database.
- Identification and implementation of improvements to systems and procedures on a continuous basis.
- Checking data accuracy against existing paper records.
- Collating and recording Foundation and Introduction to Counselling students’ results and course information in line with requirements for course completion.
- Facilitating the flow of relevant course and student related information between tutors, students and staff at all levels.
- Ensuring the website is updated with relevant Admissions information in a timely manner in liaison with the Quality Manager.
- Recording and tracking any difficulties concerning students (academic, pastoral, progression) which is identified by tutors.
- Attending and taking minutes at meetings as cover when required.
- Providing cover during periods of leave for Training Administrator.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties which fall within the ambit of the role, in discussion with the Director or Deputy Directors.
The post holder is expected to comply with all relevant policies, procedures and guidelines of The Minster Centre, including those on Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and the Data Protection Act.
The preferred start date is 1st July 2019.
Please complete the application form and declaration and send it via the application method below.
The closing date for applications is: Wednesday 29th May 2019.
Interview date: Wednesday 5th June 2019.
Apply for Admissions Officer - Job Share
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly