Digital Communications Executive, Part time 22.5 hours/wk
Job Title: Digital Communications Executive
Reports to: Communications Officer
Location: Borough High Street, London SE1
Salary: £12,500 (actual)
Hours: 22.5 hrs per week. Office hours are 9 – 5.30
We are the only UK-wide charity for all those affected by a genetic bleeding disorder; a community of individuals and families, healthcare professionals and supporters.
For almost 70 years we have campaigned for better treatment, been a source of information and advice, and supported people living with long-term conditions.
We are seeking a Digital and Communications Executive to promote the vision, values and activities of the charity in order to grow our profile, membership and supporter members across the UK.
The Digital and Communications Executive will work closely with the small team at The Haemophilia Society to ensure a positive, engaging, consistent, regular and effective programme of online communication.
As well as having an understanding and full support of the charity’s mission, vision and values, you will be self-motivated with proven digital and communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of current digital marketing methods including creating and maintain a social network, web optimisation and web content creation.
- Experience of creating digital content including videos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven copy-writing skills
- Good understanding of social media platforms
- Proven organisational skills
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage own workload and juggle conflicting priorities
- A passion for engaging a community online ensuring a warm and inclusive welcome
- A warm, compassionate and empathetic personality with the ability to develop positive relationships with people from all backgrounds including members and health professionals.
- Enthusiastic with drive and determination to meet targets.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy in preparing communications.
- Values-driven with a proven commitment to social inclusion and equal opportunities.
- An effective member of the team, recognising, respecting and promoting the different roles and diversity of the individuals in the team and presenting a positive impression of the team and The Society.
- Must be prepared to travel throughout the UK and to work varying hours including evenings and weekends as required.
- Due to the nature of our work with children and vulnerable adults, this role will require a DBS check and checks on previous employment.
- Undertake any other tasks that may be requested will be at the same level of responsibility and terms and conditions of employment.
If you would like to apply, please send your current CV along with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role via the application method below.
Apply for Digital Communications Executive, Part time 22.5 hours/wk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly