Fun Palaces Co-ordinator, part-time 21 hours per week with flexibility
What is Fun Palaces?
Fun Palaces supports volunteers, grassroots communities, new and established organisations and practitioners across the UK (and beyond) to make Fun Palaces - free, local events using arts, craft, science, tech, digital, heritage and sport, as a catalyst to celebrate each unique community and the skills and interests of those who live there.
The first weekend of October every year is Fun Palaces weekend. More than just a weekend, Fun Palaces is an ongoing campaign for cultural democracy, promoting culture at the heart of community.
What will the role involve
The co-ordinator will support the work of the campaign, bring order to our small but busy office and help organise the Ambassadors’ programme as it grows. The following is just a guide to the nature of the work - it is not comprehensive and will develop in line with the individual.
Office management and admin support
- Develop and maintain effective administrative and communication systems.
- Be the first point of contact for all initial enquiries by phone and by email.
- Keep in touch with Fun Palaces Makers through the writing of a regular newsletter.
- Maintain the website, ensuring the content (including that of the tool kit) is regularly updated and that it continues to meet the needs of Fun Palaces Makers and participants across the country.
- Engage proactively with all our social media ensuring a regular Fun Palaces presence.
- Maintain and develop databases including contact lists, demographic and other quantitative data.
- Attend to the upkeep and maintenance of the Fun Palaces shared office environment.
- Develop good working relationships with our Ambassadors, Host Organisations and Fun Palaces Makers.
- Organise and attend the four annual Action Research meetings hosted in the Ambassador areas.
- Provide administrative and facilitation support for our workshop programme, attending and delivering workshops.
- Spend the Fun Palaces weekend visiting Fun Palaces across the country, collecting stories and evidence of impact, and keeping in touch with the team who will also be travelling.
- Support our evaluation work, guiding Fun Palaces Makers through the process, chasing for data, setting up appropriate methods for collection.
Contract: Three days a week, one year contract with potential to extend. There is some flexibility in how these hours are worked
Do you believe that everyone is creative?
And that creativity in community can change the world for the better?
Do you want a flexible, varied, inspiring job that you can make your own?
Do you enjoy communicating with different people?
Are you resourceful and love administration, with good attention to detail?
If your answer is yes to these questions - you are probably the person we need.
For more information and to apply please click the apply button below
“(Fun Palaces) change the conception we have of our place in the community. They encourage engagement, cooperation, social sharing and understanding” Farnham Fun Palace, Surrey
We want to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and are therefore keen to hear from a diverse range of candidates from all backgrounds with different skills and interests. We will always want different perspectives, experience and knowledge impacting on how Fun Palaces grows and develops.