Senior Lead Engineer, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers so we have a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper. The Group’s main business activities are retail, commercial and corporate banking, general insurance, and life, pensions and investment provision. The Group operates the UK’s largest retail bank and has a large and diversified customer base.
We’ve been helping Britain prosper for over 320 years, and now that we’re re-defining the digital age of financial services, we’re creating new digital opportunities to enhance customer experiences for years to come. As the UK’s largest digital bank, we innovate products that help transform customer journeys – making millions of people’s lives simpler and better, all over the country, every day.
We're already well underway on a three year, £3bn, transformation programme - putting unprecedented levels of investment into our platforms, people and technology. As the UK's largest retail, commercial and Digital bank, we've a big responsibility to support the UK economy and put customers at the heart of everything we do.
Within Group Transformation, Digital Cyber Security is the department responsible for ensuring the continued safety and security of the Bank’s digital footprint. This is achieved through core activities in Cyber Security, Threat and Vulnerability Management, DDoS protection, and delivering change projects into the organization. The department maintains plan, build, and operate functions, with a wide and diverse portfolio of initiatives and products spanning cloud, on-premise, infrastructure, and vendor-supplied offerings.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
Within Group Transformation, Digital Cyber Security is the department responsible for ensuring the continued safety and security of the Bank's digital footprint. This is achieved through core activities in Cyber Security, Threat and Vulnerability Management, DDoS protection, and delivering change projects into the organisation. The department maintains plan, build, and operate functions, with a wide and diverse portfolio of initiatives and products spanning cloud, on-premise, infrastructure, and vendor-supplied offerings.
Want to know more?
As the Senior Lead Engineer you'll be responsible for owning the Engineering function for the department, ultimately responsible for the technical solutions delivered by the engineers in the team. You'll also be representing Digital Cyber Security at the various Governance and Design committees across the group, ensuring our solutions fit with organisational direction and strategy. You'll also provide direction and leadership to the junior colleagues within the team, helping them grow their skills and ensuring that we've got the right people on the right projects as needed.
About the role?
You'll also be a member of the leadership team, acting as owner and sponsor for initiatives within the department, with knowledge of Cyber and Infrastructure Security principles and processes and also be able to anticipate and identify areas of opportunity and position their team to fulfil the future needs of the organisation. Your previous Financial Services experience would be beneficial although experience in navigating within a large enterprise in another industry would also be acceptable. This role would ideally suit you if you have a strong technical background, have delivered large-scale solutions, and has also line managed teams of technical specialists.
The role provides an opportunity to join a key team in the UK's largest Digital bank and to own and deliver solutions that make a real difference to our customers.
So what would you be doing for us?
- Leading the Engineering function within DCS
- Team critical issue point, acting as engineering principal for running projects and able to guide other team members to successful outcomes
- Work with architecture, research, and innovation teams to input into future technical landscape for the business unit
- Technical accountability for the delivery of projects within DCS
- Represent DCS at local cyber and design governance bodies
- Ensure engineering capability is aligned to current and future work you're doing
- Line manager for Engineers within the team
- Experienced in partner management, and able to influence change at senior levels in the organisation
- Deep understanding of risk management and how to use it to influence change planning and delivery
- Work with the Programme Management team, ensuring alignment across the various delivery teams within the organisation
- Takes accountability for ensuring that each implementation meets our quality standards
What we need from you:
- In depth knowledge of cyber security and infrastructure solutions, ideally able to demonstrate competent hands-on capability of at least three of the following areas:
- Networking (routing/switching, IP, network protocols, http headers, firewalls, WAF)
- Understanding of encryption and associated technologies (e.g. X.509 PKI, TLS)
- Cloud Computing (AWS/Azure/GCS) configuration experience
- Able to script (bash, PowerShell, python etc.)
- Linux/Windows and virtualisation/containerisation (inc. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Ability to see the big picture and translate business priorities into technical solutions
- Capable of running multiple projects simultaneously and understand the relationships between them
- Can understand and identify specific skillset requirements and use this to resource their team accordingly
- Understands risk management concepts and can factor this into work prioritisation models
- Understands Agile working methodologies and concepts
- Technical background in Infrastructure and/or cyber security
- Has experience of supporting major programmes across large-scale enterprises
- Experience of directing a team of Engineers
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your dream, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
We're also passionate about diversity and providing sincere equal opportunities...
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,788 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 20-40% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you passionate about joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...
Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.