Digital, Visual Designer – Analyst, Open to flexible working
We are in the future business. Focused on delivering the positive impact of digital technology to our client’s business. Our journey is one of business, technology and creativity that today enables us to imagine, deliver and run the future. We’re looking for a Visual Designer to join our journey, to help our Experience Design team in London to design the future.
In the visual design team, we obsess over the details, they matter the most. We lose sleep over stray pixels and redundant milliseconds. We iterate relentlessly to create the very best, the very best. We know that great design is about feeling, it’s about emotion, we know our job is crafting emotion and creating moments through the subtlest of details. Moments that tell unique brand stories for the biggest businesses and brands in the world today. We want someone that gets this, who goes the extra mile to craft the details without being asked, because they know the difference it makes.
You won’t be alone in this though, because we make things happen together at Deloitte Digital. Make it happen together because it’s difficult. Only by collaborating closely with our wider design team, collaborating closely with the expertise in our wider Deloitte teams, and obsessing over our craft, do we create truly unique teams that create the right emotions, and make the right transformations.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte Digital we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Based in our airy and bustling offices in Clerkenwell, London, with its legendary coffee machine and creative working environment. You’ll also have a chance to work with clients throughout Europe and beyond.
Suggested work pattern:
This is a permanent role. We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
Your professional experience
You will obsess about designing the future and what design looks like in the future, how AI, Voice MR and things that haven’t even been dreamt of yet shape our future. How these technologies could work in education, social, government, finance, automotive, entertainment and beyond. You will be passionate about the craft of typography, colour, interaction and space and have a desire to learn how to use these to create the right emotions at the right time. Taking a user-centric approach, you’ll be an advocate of great visual design and know the importance that every design detail can make on client projects and throughout Deloitte. You’ll be an ideas person with a desire to help solve the most interesting design problems, who loves what they do, and wants to learn more.
We’re looking for people who are natural initiative-takers and dreamers who work well in teams, are brilliant listeners and can help us to grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
Let’s design the future of everything.
You must have:
- 1+ years of visual design experience
- A passion for design trends, emerging technology and designing the future
- A passion for thinking innovatively and creating intuitive and easy to use interfaces that delight end users and that help to solve business problems
- A digital portfolio that showcases your design skills, your interaction design and your overall passion for what you do
- A good attention for the details
- An ability to create beautiful deliverables under tight deadlines
- A good level of skill on the tools. Sketch, Adobe etc and experience with prototyping to bring your designs to life
- A passion to create meaningful, responsible, inclusive designs
- A understanding of the end to end design process and other design disciplines that align to and inform visual design (Research, UX, Experience strategy)
- Experience of client work
- Ability to effectively prioritise and plan your workload to meet deadlines
- A desire to contribute to the broader success of the Experience Design practice and get involved with team activity outside of project work
- A good graduate degree (First or Upper Second) is a must, along with the right to live & work in the UK
- Willingness to travel and work on client site some of the time
And you might as well have (but not essential):
- A varied background in one or more areas such as UX, research, front-end development, video production, 3D, animation, illustration, print, writing and beyond
- Experience delivering in agile teams
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 157476