Finance Assistant, part time 22.5 hours per week
Fair Finance is a social business that designs and delivers financial services to improve financial wellbeing and have a positive impact on our client’s lives. Our vision is to grow our alternative to high cost lending and help to further reduce financial exclusion across the UK through our advice service.
Fair Finance has grown from one office in East London to a leader in the market delivering our services through our London branches, remotely and online. We believe in employing, growing and building around exceptional people who share our values.
About the role:
As part of a small team, you will cover all financial processing including banking, bank reconciliations, managing payments and, preparing payroll information. In addition, you will support the Finance team in the preparation of accounts.
Payments and invoicing; preparing payment instructions, paying invoices, check and arrange reimbursement of all staff expenses and posting all receipt and payment transactions into Sage.
Bank reconciliations; conducting regular supplier reconciliations to ensure that invoicing and payments are up to date
Preparing payroll information; ensuring data is provided to our external provider in a timely manner and with sufficient detail.
Support with preparation of accounts; providing support to the Financial Accountant to produce finance reports from Sage. Liaise with managers and other staff to resolve queries. Providing support to prepare for our annual audit.
Other admin support; file all invoices, reports and other documents relating to the work of the Finance team. Support the team with other Finance administration as necessary.
- At least 1 year of experience in a Finance role.
- Working knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping.
- Some experience in processing financial transactions and financial record keeping.
- Demonstrate through your experience, a practical and proactive approach to your work.
- Thrive in an environment that requires multi-tasking, excellent attention to detail and a proactive and positive approach.
- Your drive to use your own initiative, be a positive team player and support your colleagues will match your ability to get the job done with accuracy and efficiency.
- You will have excellent communication skills and an ability to manage different stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Intermediate Excel skills (including Vlook up, pivots etc.)
- Experience of using Sage would be an advantage.
- Part qualification in AAT, ACCA, CIMA or ACA would be an advantage but is not essential for the role.
Why work for Fair Finance:
- We believe in employing, growing and building around exceptional people who share our values
- We are a growing and diverse organisation full of people who understand the balance between achieving business objectives and our social mission
- Our Head Office is in a shared workspace in Dalston, housing more then 300 creative businesses, social enterprises and charities
- Your annual holiday entitlement will be 23 days (pro rata) in addition to public holidays
- We provide a 3% matching contribution towards a stakeholder pension
- We offer private health care with Vitality
- A Bike to Work scheme, staff loan and Perkbox are also available