Part Time Receptionist - 14 hours per week
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
We currently have a vacancy for a Part time Receptionist working Thursdays and Fridays 9am to 5pm.
The role will involve:
- To provide an efficient reception service, ensuring that calls are answered promptly and politely.
- To deal with enquiries on the telephone and at reception from tenants where possible, or direct the query to the appropriate member of staff or department.
- To ensure that incoming post is opened promptly in line with Hightown`s procedures and distributed to the appropriate department in a timely fashion, logging correspondence and scanning documents as appropriate.
- To ensure that outgoing post is prepared and ready for collection on time every day.
- To provide comprehensive administrative support, including word processing, filing, photocopying and updating records where appropriate.
- The collection and receipt of rent and other payments at reception, and dealing with any associated queries in accordance with Hightown`s procedures.
- To ensure that the presentation of the reception service is professional, positive, friendly and helpful at all times, in line with Hightown`s Customer Charter.
- To take specific responsibility for the opening and closing of the office at the designated times.
- To ensure the reception area is tidy and presentable at all times, and that literature and notice boards are kept up to date.
- To ensure that all visitors to the office are signed in to the visitor book in accordance with Hightown`s fire safety procedures.
- To provide administrative support to the housing team, providing flexible cover.
- To filter and prepare former general needs tenant files for scanning.
- To provide administrative support to the Executive Support Officer, for example photocopying or mail-merging letters for despatch.
- To take responsibility for the logging and signing in/out of communal keys in the general needs key cupboard.
- To provide reception training to new administration staff, ensuring they have the appropriate skills and ability to provide reception cover where required.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role as directed by the Executive Support Officer, Housing Team Manager or Head of Housing.
- To maintain the appropriate level of skills necessary for the role.
- Competent typing skills with the ability to format documents
- Excellent customer service skills, demonstrable experience in dealing with queries and complaints whilst maintaining an excellent telephone manner
- Computer literate, able to use Microsoft Office (including excel) with ability to be self-servicing in letter writing
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Able to use own initiative in dealing with a wide variety of people
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £9,078 pa(£12.47ph) for a 14 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
Closing date: Sunday 2nd June 2019
To apply for this position please click the link below and complete an online application form.
Candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience as the vacancy may close at short notice if there is a high volume of applications.
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search