Head of Global Market Access - ViiV, Open to flexible working
Following a busy and exciting start to the year, we have an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, respected and capable Head of Global Market Access and Pricing to lead the team for Viiv Healthcare, our HIV business.
The role of the Global Market Access is an important role for us - we are looking to appoint an experienced and credible candidate ideally with a background in health outcomes/economics and new business development, to work with global, regional and local client teams, across a full spectrum of Market Access outputs.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the Global Market Access and Pricing function for ViiV Healthcare, addressing product and portfolio pricing strategies and access plans. The role has specific accountability for line-managing the GCS Market Access Team and ensuring collaborative cross-functional alignment with Regions/Countries, Finance, External Affairs, and Medical/Health Outcomes
- Provide short and long-term strategic guidance/direction to Global, US, Europe & International payer/market access decisions for the full portfolio, covering growth brands, pipeline assets as well as mature products.
- Ensure robust governance of decision-making for price setting and maintenance
- Optimise assets globally across the portfolio by ensuring that payer needs are represented within strategy development, reimbursement files, evidence generation and value communication.
- Design and propose product/portfolio pricing and access strategies that ensure widespread uptake & long term value for ViiV Healthcare, creating innovative product listing agreements and supporting excellence in payer negotiations
- Lead the value & pricing strategy for ViiV, leading a direct team of 4, with an indirect, extended team of market access experts in the US, EU, and International regions. Leverage the analytics capability in the Knowledge Centre and the Data/Analytics team to support.
- Attract, recruit, onboard and retain diverse talent and expertise, through use of IPT objectives and development plans for each team member
- Enhance performance culture and challenger mindset across the global market access function
- Contribute to enhancing payer capabilities across the organisation
- Allocate resources (capacity and capability) across IPT priorities, providing coaching and mentoring regarding:
- payer insight generation, using a range of payer interactions and methodologies
- development & refresh of value propositions, payer & price strategies with a lens to competitiveness
- decision-making with courage and accountability
- teamwork with commercial/medical/health outcomes/finance/external affairs to ensure robust evidence package for payers
- launch excellence planning & annual business planning
- development and update of resources that communicate value to markets and to payers
- Chair the Price Governance committee and framework, overseeing price decisions, inputting to regional governance price decisions for alignment to global strategies, resolving any inter-regional issues
- Join up ViiV patient access policy with commercial/reimbursement plans
- Optimise global to local ways of working by adding meaningful global value (e.g. best-practice sharing, jointly developed and owned performance metrics, in-step with pricing & HTA trends across therapeutic categories)
- Document, monitor and measure effectiveness, risk and financial exposure of pricing and access decisions. Expose these insights quarterly to VET for proactive management.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Experience of working in an above country role.
- Experience of working in market access, experience of leading people within/across functions
- Experience working closely with health outcomes/economics & knowledge of modeling technique and reimbursement submissions
- Strong leadership skills; proven ability to lead multi-disciplinary matrix team; influence others without direct control
- Previous lead success for payer strategy on at least one brand
- Demonstrated knowledge of pricing strategy frameworks
- Deep understanding of different payer systems: US, EU5, Australia, Japan, Brazil, Russia, China as well as knowledge of payer issues/dynamics in middle/low income countries
- Exceptional project management skills and history of delivering results
- Ability to lead an inter-company matrix of senior leaders
- Proven ability to effectively engage executive management in high stakes decisions
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) with stakeholders
- Ability to translate operational challenges into structure plans while ensuring cross-discipline input and support
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and balance responsibilities
- Experience conducting and analysing payer research & managing consultancies
- Launch strategy and execution experience
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialist HIV company, 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines and improving access to care for people living with HIV. Our dedicated team consists of over 700 employees, in 15 different countries, headquartered in Brentford, London UK with US Headquarters in the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. We work with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, individuals, academic institutions and not-for-profit organisations to respond to the HIV epidemic and we are committed to addressing access to medicine challenges by taking an innovative, responsible and sustainable approach.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.