Lead Architect - AI (Architecture & Strategy)
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Lead Architect - Artificial Intelligence (Architecture & Strategy) to provide specialist skills and knowledge and acts as an internal consultant to Value Stream leadership. Takes accountability for the strategic direction of architecture at Value Stream level, shapes and defines the technological and architectural vision to support agile delivery of solutions, whilst ensuring the right outcomes for the Group are delivered from a risk and business strategy perspective.
About Lloyds Banking Group:
LBG is the UK's leading digital bank, with over 13 million active online customers across our three main brands, as well as the UK's biggest mobile bank. LBG is also the only UK bank to have Digital & Transformation representation at GEC level; it places Digital at the heart of the bank's strategy.
Our culture in Group Transformation brings together smart, talented, driven people from diverse backgrounds; people are at the core of who we are. Your opportunity to connect with your team, provide innovative solutions and support the creation of an environment where all can thrive is critical to your success.
This is an exciting role to be part of the bank's journey to Artificial Intelligence in general and Cognitive Conversational Platforms in particular.
You must have proven expertise in Artificial Intelligence domain, knowledge of the AI vendor ecosystem and be able to advise and implement Cognitive and Machine Learning solutions. In return, you get an opportunity to be part of the bank's transformation using state-of-the-art AI solutions.
Capabilities/Knowledge of at least two of the following:
- Cognitive in Conversational Platforms - Knowledge of Natural Language Processing, Intent Matching, Semantic Technologies, Context Awareness
- Cognitive Research - Awareness of maturity of Cognitive technologies in multiple industries and research projects
- Machine Learning - Experience of scaling Machine Learning in a complex organisation, Rolling out Machine Learning Route to Live Frameworks and Tooling
- AI Tech Experience (Ideally some hands-on). Examples of such technologies include but are not limited to:
- Natural Language Processing or Information Retrieval (e.g. IBM Watson Explorer / Content Analytics, Open Source NLP Tools)
- Semantic Technologies (e.g. Ontologies / Linked Open Data, RDF/OWL/SPARQL)
- Machine Learning (e.g. Anaconda Enterprise, H2O.AI, SPSS, R, SAS, MatLab, Apache Spark/MLlib, Apache Mahout or other Open Source Tools)
- Large-scale Big Data analytics tools (such as the Apache Hadoop Ecosystem, Data wrangling tools)
- Graph databases (e.g. neo4j)
- Robotics (e.g. Blueprism, UIPath)
Architecture experience will ideally include:
- Architecture Lead Proof of concept execution to prove the value based on priority use cases
- Architecture - Integrate solutions with existing client system infrastructures, such as e.g. content management, information management, business analytics or CRM systems.
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders at Director/Board level
- Proven talent for leading people and team effectively in a matrix organisation
- Influencing and presentation skills sufficient to win the trust, confidence and commitment of senior business and IT stakeholders, as well as technical experts within programmes.
- Ability to work under pressure, and in particular to identify the Big Data and AI decisions and issues which have the most importance and impact within the wide range of programme decisions to be taken at any particular point in time.
- Ability to manage technology vendors and strategic partners to deliver architectural artefacts.
What Lloyds can Offer:
- In return we'll offer you a competitive salary, a great package including a performance related bonus, car/allowance, generous pension contribution, 30 days annual leave, flexible cash pot and private medical insurance.
- We also support a good work-life balance with agile working, home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.