Return to Work Retraining Programme Software Developer, Open to flexible working
Are you looking for a new career after an extended break from the workplace?
Join our Return to Work Retraining Programme and build a new career in technology. In partnership with Makers Academy, we’ll teach you all you need to know to become a software development specialist. This programme offers fully funded training whilst receiving a salary, a professional qualification and a permanent technology role with us.
On completing the training course, we’ll offer you coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after an extended career break of two years or more.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- Be returning from an extended career break of two or more years
- Have GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Have received no formal training nor degree qualification in computer science/software development
- Have no formal work experience as a software engineer/developer
- Have had experience in the workplace, but there is no specific requirement for professional services experience
- Be available to attend the Deloitte induction week and upfront training course in central London from 7 October 2019 to 17 January 2020 (inclusive), Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 – 17:00 each day (excluding 23 December 2019 to 5 January 2020, inclusive).
At Deloitte, our engineers are creative problem solvers. As part of our team you will be responsible for developing cutting-edge digital solutions for some of the largest, most ambitious organisations in the world. We build diverse teams bringing together a wealth of experiences and backgrounds to form the best cross-disciplinary teams. You will have the chance to work with some of the best technologists and strategists in the business, to shape the future of how we live, work and play. What unites us is our passion for world-class user experiences, innovative use of technology, eye-catching visual design and enterprise-level strategies.
From the minute you join Deloitte following your upfront training course, we will support you in your transition back to work. You’ll be assigned a Deloitte coach to support your personal development, and have access to our returner network and a range of bespoke learning materials.
Your responsibilities will typically include:
- Engaging with clients, external and internal, to get a detailed understanding of their specific needs
- Providing technical expertise to help provide advice and solutions for our clients Working with Business Analysts as part of a multi-disciplined team to translate client requirements into working software
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Providing our clients with the information and insight they need to take the best decisions, improve their performance and minimise risk.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your three month upfront training course will take place at the Makers Academy campus in central London. On completion of your training, you will be based in a Deloitte office in London. Domestic travel to clients will be required, dependent on the projects you work on.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The three month upfront training course is full-time; sessions are held Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 – 17:00.
However, at Deloitte we offer a variety of agile ways of working, both formal and informal, as we recognise that flexibility is important to our people. If you are looking for an agile working pattern beyond the three month training course, please speak to your recruiter.
Your professional experience
- Developing effective working relationships with clients and managing their demands and expectations
- Solving interesting problems for clients, providing innovative value-add solutions and working across multiple disciplines
- Managing multiple elements of a project, prioritising tasks and producing deliverables on time
- Ability to work on your own initiative and in different environments
- Supporting and mentoring more junior team members
- Good communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to express technical terms in non-technical language.
Your service line
Our Return to Work Retraining Programme opportunities are in our Consulting and Risk Advisory service lines:
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation. We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 165962