Electrical Engineer, Open to flexible working
As an Electrical Engineer at GSK's Montrose site, you will join a large, multi-skilled engineering team who look after and improve the site including equipment and facilities. Personally, you will be responsible for providing support on all electrical matters on the Montrose site - safety, policies, standards and maintenance. You will also be a key contributor to the training & mentoring of electrical staff and will be involved in on site electrical energy management. This is a complicated manufacturing site with a wide variety of production and utilities equipment, meaning this position will be involved in a real range of engineering tasks and ways of working, providing a true learning opportunity for the successful applicant.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Provides specialist technical support, mainly to projects, plant modifications, EHS and maintenance operations. Key areas of responsibility and accountability include but will not be limited to:
- Safe Control, Operation and maintenance of the electrical utility, systems and apparatus.
- High Voltage system operations & switching.
- Responsible for Shutdown, Emergency and Business Continuity/Contingency planning for the electricity network.
- Supporting EHS on electrical safety matters.
- Requires a high degree of problem solving. Able to troubleshoot, facilitate decisions and weigh-up advantages and disadvantages to provide solutions.
- Interpretation and application of standards is essential.
- Develop the Site Electrical Strategy and champion related projects in conjunction with the Site Infrastructure and Site Development plans.
- Ownership of infrastructure assets (Electrical Substations).
- Provide technical support & guidance on the Fire systems.
- Professional Engineering design, guidance and authorisation of plant modifications.
- Prepare SAP data, routines and maintenance tasks for authorisation by others.
- Prepare changes to electrical standards in company documents (GES/SEP/LSOPs).
- Electrical Energy management.
- Supporting initiatives for electrical energy savings.
- Specification and selection of Electrical equipment for Hazardous areas.
Excellence in this position will require a determined, ambitious and well qualified engineer, able to work independently, to prioritise appropriately and to multi-task to meet demanding goals. Engineering work closely with the other site wide teams, contributing to manufacturing goals by improving efficiencies and coordinating with technology and production to ensure shut downs are properly implemented and improvement opportunities are handled in the most production-friendly way. This will require excellent networking and relationships building across the business, to influence and agree complicated decisions with other departments. These relationships will also be leveraged to promote best practice and develop engineering standards to negotiate on major energy contracts. You will use similar skills to develop outsourcing opportunities and agree electrical energy utility contracts with external partners.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Monday 3rd June (COB)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Either degree qualified or otherwise formally trained as an electrical engineer.
- Demonstrable experience in Electrical Engineering in a Maintenance or Project related role
- Experience of developing infrastructure plans and developing, understanding and interpreting standards
- Knowledge of electrical and infrastructure systems e.g. LV & HV distribution systems
- Experience of High Voltage Operations
- Knowledge of Maintenance improvement techniques
- Requires a high degree of IT knowledge, dealing with computer software for maintenance management specifically
- Experienced in the specification of Electrical equipment for use in hazardous areas.
- Some experience in leadership and management as you will be indirectly managing contractors and Electrical Technicians.
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer, with Corporate Membership of The Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET) or equivalent experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, maintaining relevant manufacturing and plant equipment
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.