Senior Data Scientist, Open to flexible working
Now is a fantastic time to be part of a new Analytics team within GSK Finance, which is part of a wider high-profile CET-sponsored programme to transform GSK's Digital, Data and Analytics capability.
You will have the opportunity to use the latest Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning techniques on high-impact business problems, delivering tangible value aligned to GSK strategy, taking advantage of GSK's new Azure-based Data & Analytics infrastructure.
We are looking to leverage this rich single-source of data as part of the Analytics capability in Finance, to deliver faster, more regular and higher quality analysis, insights and recommendations to its business teams. You will help build the team as it grows to meet new and exciting business demand and ensure that GSK's Finance Analytics will be a source of competitive advantage that enables data-driven decisions.
- Partner with Functional Directors to translate business requirements into an analytics roadmap for each function, creating a pipeline of work. Ensure that analytics roadmap drives business value, and track this.
- Also partner with Functional Directors to translate business requirements into designs of data models, statistical analyses and machine learning algorithms that deliver intended business insights.
- Guide Data Scientist's in using the best-in-class analytics models to solve business problems.
- Develop an analytics leading practices and shares with CoE, develop analytics capability of CoE, particularly Data Scientists.
- Mastery in design and development of analytical models (e.g. k-means segmentation, random forest cluster and regression analysis)
- Analyses and troubleshoots business activities through the structure and flow of their information and decision points
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you will receive a competitive salary and you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: 31st May 2019
- Strong data analytics experience ideally within Finance
- Experience using Analytics to unlock tangible business value.
- Experience managing and working with senior stakeholders
- Mastery of designing and building data models and calculations in databases (SQL, R, Python) and visualization software such as Qlik, Tableau and Lumira.
- Expert in Big Data landscape and analytical technology trends.
- Programming experience in SQL, R, SAS, Python.
- Understanding of how data is structured in SAP or Oracle is a big advantage.
- Experience leading teams of analyst
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the centre of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.